WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

(Untitled)

HannahHannah subscriber Posts: 1
Hello I am new to this and I was takes to get my companies
website up in the SE list. Can anyone out there help me, I would like to know
what would be the best first steps in getting this site up in the SE`s, I would
be grateful for any help anyone might offer..
Thanks!!!!

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

Search engine rankings for any website are determined by a lot of things, including the sites topic, quality and amount of content, keyword usage, competing sites, age, as well as all of the coding issues, etc. Without having a link to your site to see it, it is impossible to see what you have in place already.
    You can read this as a starting point. http://michianawebline.com/wordpress/ca ... cs/page/3/

Webline5/6/2008 5:03 AM
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    In addition to the information above, you`ll need to get your site indexed by the major search engines. This can be done fairly simply by having a link to your site from another site (or sites) that are regularly indexed, posting your site on forums, digg, stumbleupon, and other social networking sites. Create and submit a sitemap to Google and Yahoo.

If your site is search engine friendly, as webline notes, it should be indexed ok.

Where is appears in search results will depend upon your targeted search terms,  how they are used in your site (content and code), and competition for those search terms.

~Roland
    vwebworld5/6/2008 8:27 AM
  • CeceMHillCeceMHill subscriber Posts: 3
    Pay special attention to your page title tags and try not to keyword spam your own site because it won't help you to rank. I think less then 3% of your content should use keywords.

body wrap expert