WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

mycraigslist.com (hit or miss)

iriebirieb subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Website Critique
I`ve launched a site and would like to get some open opinions.
Is it worth pursuing?
Does the site add value?
Could the site be better?
Anyway, if you find the time please check it out and provide your constructive criticism.[url=http:///www.mycraigslist.com]http:///www.mycraigslist.com[/url]
cheers irieb5/3/2008 5:02 PM

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Let`s not even get into the infringement, but looking at the site, I don`t see any home page that tells me what you`re doing and why I should use your service instead of going directly to Craigslist.  There is also no easy way to get back to the home page.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

Agreed. You don`t state upfront in a clear way what the purpose is or why it`s beneficial to users. It comes across, to me anyway, as more technical than user friendly.

• iriebirieb subscriber Posts: 1

thanks all 4 your replies!!!irieb5/4/2008 1:10 PM
  • cubemonkeycubemonkey subscriber Posts: 11
    You may want to change this "Welcome to craigslist.com - the" to mycraigslist.com.
    Also when i did a search in my area nothing came up. Not sure it`s working properly. I can`t see me using this service, it seems to be more complicate (more steps) than just going to craigslist.
  • exgeekexgeek subscriber Posts: 1
    Infringement would be something to worry about.  That said, interface could be easier to make sense of as others said.  As far as usefulness, could you allow people to sign up and create a saved search and have your site email them when matches are found so they do not have to search daily if there is something they want.  I always thought that would be a cool tool for CL that doesn`t exist.
  • iriebirieb subscriber Posts: 1
    I`m really impressed with all the great feedback - thanks everyone!!!
    In my next release I will focus on simplifying the user interface; making it more intuitive - exgeek, I like your suggestions ALOT and will be busy with the implementation.
    BTW - this site does not aspire to replace craigslist, only to empower users with additional functionality.