WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

We like to tease.

conceptofVENUSconceptofVENUS subscriber Posts: 2
edited March 2008 in Website Critique
Venus Concepts, a premiere web and graphic design company out of Scottsdale, AZ is proud to announce the launch of its updated website. The live roll out is expected to happen in March. Please visit our teaser page at http://www.venusconcepts.com. We welcome any comments and suggestions. Please send them to anna@venusconcepts.com

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Doesn`t look like much right now.
    The flashing thing is rather annoying.
    Where is your SEO?
    I would hope that you will be revising this to be effective.
  • conceptofVENUSconceptofVENUS subscriber Posts: 2
    What would be your suggestions for making the teaser "more effective"?
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

The first time I viewed it, the video wasn`t playing. However I have seen it now, and I guess I`m still thinking that if i didn`t already know this was for a web design/graphics company, what I should be looking forward to?
    You make the video seem like a promo for a movie without telling anything. Don`t make it so non-informative. Anyone not knowing what your business is, or what your site eventually will be about, or who your audience should be, will probably be totally lost, so would they return to see it later?

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    What would be your suggestions for making the teaser "more effective"?

Let`s see... ten seconds of black, followed by a full ten seconds of countdown, and if the viewer hasn`t already clicked off, ten seconds of SLOW teaser text followed by the orchestra piece then the unreadable text, followed by yet another ten seconds of black.
    I got nothing out of it.  Nothing.
    Also the music you used may be a copyright of Dolby, Inc.  And the Dolby logo and the MPAA rating box are trademarks. 
    I think I see where you are trying to take this, but you`ve failed miserably because I still don`t know what`s "coming".
    Instead of the teaser text - which tells me nothing, how about a montage of your work/product/service (I still don`t know) with a vocal track to build the tension.  At the end of the "movie" close the viewer window and reveal a "More Information" button.Videography3/6/2008 3:50 PM
  • conceptofVENUSconceptofVENUS subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you to those of you who have given comments and suggestions. I appreciate it and have sent them to the designers. I welcome any other feedback from whoever has constructive criticism.
  • AdsMasterAdsMaster subscriber Posts: 3
    .........I was confused and didn`t know what the site was about. Webline is also right about the SEO portion of your site, flash makes SEO a bit harder.
    I also see than some links don`t lead anywhere but to an error page.