WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Business: DiscountStoreRoom.com

DiscountStoreRoomDiscountStoreRoom subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone,
I just started a new business, http://www.DiscountStoreRoom.com , inspired by StartupNation.com. The site offers Jewelry (Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings, etc.), Children`s Clothing, and Office Supplies (currently compatible inkjet cartridges - looking to add more product).
The DiscountStoreRoom.com vision is simple: Provide quality products at low prices to our customers.
We just added the ability to accept promotion codes in the checkout so we can offer additional discounts to customers. With this in mind, I believe the site offers a good shopping experience to visitors. I would like to get some candid feedback from fellow entrepreneurs - What do you like about it? What do you not like about it? Any suggestions for improvement?
Also, I would like to add more products. I am looking for reputable drop shippers who can provide items like fragrances and electronics and perhaps beauty supplies for starters. Does anyone have any recommendations or pointers to resources they can share?
In terms of getting people to the site I have relied on organic, or natural search, and Google AdWords. What do you recommend I do to get more people to the site without "breaking the bank" so to speak?
I really appreciate everyone`s time and input.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

I think you need to add some color ..... white and gray don`t really make an exciting environment. Maybe integrate the colors of your logo throughout the site pages.
     I think I would shorten your title .... use your domain name and a few keywords, don`t try to include everything you carry.
    If possible, add some textual content to your pages .... by creating relevant text on your pages, it is more beneficial to search engines.