WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Ok...we listened and re-vamped!

phunguyphunguy subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2007 in Website Critique
Thanks to all the great advice we received on our site ezkidsnet.com ..We listened and re-vamped the site...please take a look and let me know what you think.Thank you in advance,Ed E.www.ezkidsnet.com
phunguy2007-8-26 4:21:25

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    You site is too busy and preaches - no it goes a bit beyond preaching.  You are basically calling the viewer an idiot by restating the obvious.  Over and over.  I seriously doubt there is an adult using the web who hasn`t heard it all before, let alone a parent.If parents are going to try to shield their kids from the world, you won`t need to preach to them to buy your product.  They are already on board and don`t need convincing.  Just keep the site simple, use more headers, and sell the product,  not the fear.A screen shot of the browser would probably help.
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hi!
    I think my favorite thing about the website is the screenshot. Can you take that design and use it as the basic design for your website? This will allow folks to see thw software as soon as they are on your site, add a menu bar to navigate through etc. The browser screenshot is beautiful and appealing to kids..I think this would be your ticket.
    Erin
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Visually .... it is very untraditional, which isn`t necessarily a bad thing. But to me, it just really seems "side-heavy", if that makes sense. It is dark along the sides and bottom, and almost bare in comparison in the middle. To me it just seems out of balance.The logo is hard to read. Perhaps make it clearer or contrasting or something to make it easier to see what it says, maybe add a tag line underneath it that is a quick "This is what we offer" in just a few words.In your code....why in the world are you using I-frames? Your site may never get crawled by search engines because of this. This is an absolute no-no for SERP`s and SEO. Your I-frame source is even in bad shape....no metas that you should have, image alt tags are missing, too much css code that could be imported. And many useless table elements for your layout.Something that would lend a lot of validation and authority to your product would be if you could get many of the sites listed on the right to link to you, endorse your product, etc. ( I didn`t check if you already have ).I hate to tell you to "revamp" again, but IMO it still needs major work.
    Webline2007-8-26 16:58:28
  • Options
    LeavellLeavell subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks to all the great advice we received on our site ezkidsnet.com ..We listened and re-vamped the site...please take a look and let me know what you think.Thank you in advance,Ed E.www.ezkidsnet.com