WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need our web site reviwed.

cforellcforell subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2007 in Website Critique
Hi, We have just designed our web site located at http://www.proearthproducts.com I am the owner and web designer but as you can tell I am not the best website designer and I would like everyones opinion on how I can fix this site to make people interested in what it is offering.Thanks is advanceCharles Forell

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for all the help. I will figure out what I can get done. The flash was done by a freelancer and If I new how to change the sounds and the graphics I would. 
  • Options
    Ok everyone, I have changed what I can . As for the marketing collateral I have letterheads, business cards, all the stuff for great brand identity but for some reason the web designer did not put this on the site and as for flash I wish I only new how to edit it because I would. When I have some extra cash I will invest in a great web designer who can make the site more of an commerce site than it is right now!As for the other changes I implemented the ones I knew how so please look at the site once again and let me know what else you think looks wrong. Please tell me why you would not stay as that is my main problem.
  • Options
    InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    Your web site is a marketing tool and sales channel: Marketing is about communication, specifically, communicating in crystal clear and precise terms why your product is relevant to your prospective customers. I wrote an article on copywriting that contains information on communication strategy. There are of course aesthetic aspects as well, but my article doesn`t cover those details. Please post additional questions or ask NHGNikole about the aesthetics; she`s sharp.
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Just my 2 cents for SEO ....Clean up your meta tags. The following is just an example....currently they are not in the correct order, and you need to move the css stuff to an external file and import it...***<head><title>ProEarthProducts.com - Non-toxic, environmentally friendly cleaning products for your home</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><meta name="keywords" content="Pro Earth Products, environmentally safe products, Super C, Zap EM, Fruit and Vegetable Wash"/><meta name="description" content="Real Products that can save your money and help the planet. We feature Super C, Zap EM, Fruit and Vegetable Wash, and many other environmentally safe products."/><meta name="revisit-after" content="30 days" /><meta name="author" content="Pro Earth Products, Inc." /><meta name="robots" content="all" /><meta name="distribution" content="Global" /><meta name="language" content="EN" /><meta name="copyright" content="Pro Earth Products, Inc., 2007 All Rights Reserved" /></head>***After the body tag, you have this....<form name="form1" method="post" action="">There is nothing in the action tag, and the form doesn`t close until nearly the end of the page. This should be done in one small section, not the whole page.Links need title tags....images need alt tags.And probably way too many tables on your index page....I`m guessing you could cut your total amount of code in half if you really wanted to.I ran it through the W3C validator .... 63 errors .... not trying to burst your bubble, just stating things that would really help for search purposes.
  • Options
    Wow I wish I only new what you just said. Ill try to figure it out and thanks for the help!