WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website Critique Plz..

DyenDyen subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2006 in Website Critique
Hi,
I had no knowledge at all about web designing or any other programs supporting webdesign until I started my own business. And with really limited budget, I had no choice but to learn the magic myself. After several days of browsing around, I finally settled on Yahoo because it has this sitebuilder to help illiterate computer program people like me to build a website.
It was such a struggle. I was working for so many hours for the first four days and still went no where. So I did this , and on the fifth day, I deleted all what I did and started all over again and finally after doing all and the best I could, the website was finally published with the domain name of  www.axialace.com</A>.
Now, , please give me critique. Without critique I would not know how to improve the web more, but at the same time I am also nervous of not knowing how to do any improvement after the critique.
Thanks,
Dyen

Comments

• Options
    LingLing subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Dyen,
    Nice job - It is very professional looking!  The products are very well organized and easy to find.  Good level of detail in the descriptions as well.   
  • Options
    DyenDyen subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Ling and ElidS,
    Thanks for the critiques and Elid, you are right. I need to re-write the first page. In this case, I would need an English native speaker to do that.
  • Options
    ivanpwivanpw subscriber Posts: 2
    It was ok, but a bit lifeless.  And lifeless is bad image for your business.
    For a business webiste, I`d prefer using a white background to bring the sense of cleanliness.  However, no matter what design colour schemes you pick, eventually it`s about what image you want your business to be portrayed - professional & conservative, professional & fun, etc. - it`s your call.
    I`m not saying I`m an expert at this, but should you need help in designing your website, please send me a message.
    Cheers!