WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
edited September 2007 in Website Critique
I just finished uploading my new site, and would like to have any willing community members give it the once over.
Feel free to be as in depth as you care to be.
Please remember that I`m not a professional, and this is my first successful attempt at publishing a website.
I`m aware that the "home" link in the nav areas is not working correctly. I`m trying to figure that one out now.
Thanks in advance.
http://www.industrial-clean-air.com</A>DGoodin2007-9-20 10:46:27

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Your index/home link isn`t working because you have this ....http://www.industrial-clean-air.com/index/index.html... where it should be this ....http://www.industrial-clean-air.com/index.htmlVisually, I think the layout is fairly clean and easy to navigate. Nothing overly fancy, which is my preference, but thats just my personal opinion. I think maybe using something besides the standard fonts to spice it up a bit wouldn`t hurt, though. The gray areas don`t really compliment the pages, perhaps stay with white or a lighter shade of blue.I thought your "About Us" page would give more company background type of information, where you seem instead to stay on the topic of your services. Maybe create separate pages to define both.For SEO .... you don`t have meta tags that you should, i.e. description and keywords. Your css should be moved to an external file and imported."Air Cleaners For Industry And More" is a bit vague to me; include your keywords in a natural way here since this is your H1 area. Put titles in your links.
  • DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Please keep them coming.
    I`m working at the changes suggested now.
  • blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    Personally, I think you have the web site upside down. Text is for Search Engines ... picures and images are for visitors.
    Web surfers are more visual and respond to images and pictures. When I went to your first page ... I thought ... Boring !! You want me to read all that stuff to try and figure out what you are all about?
    Personally, I would spend the money to have a professional design the site.
    Why??
    You wouldn`t do "brain surgery" on yourself, would you?
    Do what you do best and contract out for all the rest.
  • DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
    Site has been reworked a bit, some changes implemented.
    I`m still trying to figure out meta tags, keywords & phrases. I`m doing my reasearch here though, and starting to find some answers.
  • Fred333Fred333 subscriber Posts: 0
    Nice clean looking site. The only thing I would do is play with the fonts a little to not make it look so plan and cookie cutter.