WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Strategic Alliances, Marketing Partnerships, and More

blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
edited September 2007 in Marketing
Has anyone become an on-line store for a major portal and informational website, within your niche market? This co-branded store would lie within the frame of the portal site.
I was wondering what the "terms" of the agreement should be to be "fair and equitable" (although that is a subjective phrase) and what type responsibilities each party should have?
How should compensation be structured to the portal site ... PPC (pay per click) or Percentage of Sales? And if PPC, what cost per click ...  if Percentage of Sales, what is a reasonable % to provide to the portal site?
The portal site currently ...

Receives over 50,000 unique visitors per month.
 Features articles and news from 9 publications that the parent company owns (all within the niche market).
Avg`s over 400,000 page views per month
Over 3,000 employment ads on their network
Over 25,000 registered users.
Parent company operates 40 web sites, supported by over 100 publications and 280 sales representatives.
Parent company`s web sites avg over 550,000 unique visitors per month.
Avg`s over 6,500,000 page views per month.
Avg`s over 125,000 ads online at any one time.
Ads are viewd over 12,100,000 times each month.
Thanks for the help.blondieblue2007-9-20 20:16:13

Comments

• blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    I first of all wanted to thank those that took the time to read my post. It appears that no one here has had any experience in this type of venture before.
    Anyhow, in a few weeks some exciting news will be coming forth about a former SuN member ... and the growing venture that he started just a few years ago. The numbers posted above are "for real numbers". And this new co-branded store will be opening very shortly ... at a major portal site within a very large niche market.
    More news coming soon.