WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I Need Help With My Idea

mensshavingclubmensshavingclub subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hello Startup Nation! I am blessed that I found this forum of entrepreneurs because I believe I have a fantastic idea and I need the help of fantastic entrepreneurs.

The problem sweeping the country for men is this, it is too expensive to buy shaving razors every single month. My solution, is to develop a shaving razor and sell it at half the price of a Mach 3. But I am going to take it a step further. Unlike, Mach 3 being sold in stores, I want to take the initiative of Proactive, and develop a Men`s Shaving Club. This club will be specifically for men, and we will offer razors that meet the same standards at half the price. We will also offer shaving gel and after shave. the benefit of our club is three fold. First, we will offer a discount monthly on the shaving razors you would normally purchase from a store. Two, we will have the amount of razors you specifically need for the month shipped to your door free of charge the first of every month including any shaving cream or after shave you request. Third, if you refer someone to the Men`s Shaving Club, you will recieve one month free of razors, with a total of up to 6 months free per year.

I believe I have a great idea, however I do not know the next steps in developing the razor, the club or anything. To tell you the truth, I am young and need to be guided. So if you have any advice or can provide help on how to move forward please do. Thank you all.

Comments

• kelvin123789kelvin123789 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello everyone,
    This is Kelvin.
    I am new member of this website.
    Can someone tell me more about this website.
    What can I do overhere. Are there any interesting things to do on this website.
    ==========================================================
    Kelvin
    4th Dimension Private Limited is a BPO
    4th Dimension
    kelvin1237899/5/2008 4:01 AM
  • bunnerbbunnerb subscriber Posts: 1
    hello mensshavingclub!  may I call you club for short?
    I am owner and principal designer for a product design firm and have some experience with taking fledgling ideas like yours to the next level.
    If it is a razor you are interested in producing, look into hiring a product designer to toss that idea into their hopper for a while. We can come up with some pretty cool (not to mention; marketable) ideas when we have a chance to think on them for a bit.
    If it is the club you want to move forward with first, I would suggest either creating a blog, website or survey that you can do a "beta test" with. Get some feedback. Research, if you will... Adwords can help, too. See if there is even an interest or need for this club without spending too much time and money on it.
    Research razors, manufacturers and companies. maybe there is something you could piggy-back off of or team up with someone on.
    I think the key is to be able to do as little as possible (resource-wise) and get the most affirmative direction.
    And, if you need a designer, I know of one...
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    if you are going to make, use or sell a product that may be protected by a patent, do a search to make sure you are not infringing a patent.
  • michael9211michael9211 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Kelvin, I am also new for this site. But i can tell you that what kind of
    stuffs you can do over here. Actually this site is for those entrepreneurs who wants to share their views, experiences and  problems about their business.
    ============================================================
    Michael Smith
    4th Dimension Private Limited is a BPO
    4th Dimensionmichael92119/8/2008 1:26 AM