WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is it hard to get approved to accept credit cards

workingonanideaworkingonanidea subscriber Posts: 5
I`ve seen that you have to apply for merchant status and that they pull your credit report.  I don`t have terrible credit, but don`t have A1 credit either.  What are they looking for?  If I don`t have the greatest credit, will I be denied? or have higher processing fees?  Thanks for any help.

Comments

• ShowboxersShowboxers subscriber Posts: 3
         I recently went through the merchant account set up. Fortunately my credit was very good so I had no problems but I wouldn`t be so worried.  You have nothing to lose by applying and hopefully all will go through easily.  If not, I understand there are brokers you can find on the web that are capable of assisting you by walking your application through the merchant status approval process for a small fee. 
          You won`t know until you try and you may be surprised and be accepted more easily than you thought you would!  Good luck!
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    No you don`t need perfect credit to have a merchant account. I can set you up with a company within 5 minutes. Regadless of your credit score... Interested?
  • wildstormwildstorm subscriber Posts: 2
    Wait! If I want to get a merchant account to start accepting credit cards as a method of payment, these companies are going to pull my credit first before I`m granted a merchant account with teh equipment??
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Wait! If I want to get a merchant account to start accepting credit cards as a method of payment, these companies are going to pull my credit first before I`m granted a merchant account with teh equipment??
    The only merchant company that pulls your credit history is:  Authorize.net. and paypal, which just bought Autorize.net. So they are the same company. As for Card Service International or 1st data. They do not care about your credit situation. They don`t even pull your personal business history. For anyone that is interested, I can provide you with information and a link where you can sign up for free (if you need a merchant account) I will waive the $74.00 set up fee... So you pay nothing up front. Nuevolution2007-8-26 14:19:51
  • miabellacandlesmiabellacandles subscriber Posts: 3
    Depending upon your particular circumstances, you may be able to start with no muss or fuss by using ProPay [ propay.com ]. I`ve been with them since the company`s inception and have found the service easy to use, reliable and cost effective.miabellacandles2007-8-31 23:35:56
  • bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    You might check into Google Checkout.  It is free unitl the end of the year...
  • Johan21Johan21 subscriber Posts: 0
    We are Accept Credit Cards, is a division of Electronic Merchant Systems Inc. Accept Credit Cards has been processing credit cards for businesses since 1988. Originally located in Arlington, Virginia, we now serve thousands of merchants nationwide from our headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.