WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Where Do I Start With Social Media?

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited June 2010 in Marketing
"Sometimes I feel like I'm on an island by myself trying to figure all this social media stuff out and I don't know where to start. It's easy to get overwhelmed and not do anything."These are statements that so many people make. They search and search for the answer to where to start in social media. Continue reading Where Do I Start With Social Media?
David Jackson

Comments

• Options
    MattTurpinMattTurpin subscriber Posts: 22
    What I did was start on Facebook where everyone I know already is, but in the end, it all leads to the same result. It took me a long time to get situated in Facebook, like you said. I only just made my company page yesterday, though it's a bare bones work in progress. I'll have to join Twitter and LinkedIn today.
  • Options
    randyottorandyotto subscriber Posts: 0
  • Options
    menappimenappi subscriber Posts: 2
    I think social media is a good tool to use if you can get it to work, but it doesn't work for everyone. If anything I think a blog and youtube (takes a lot more work) is the most important. A lot of times I see these companies on Twitter and Facebook, tweeting all day and making updates constantly, yet they only have 20 people following them. Seems like a waste of time to me unless you can actually get it to work for you. Anyone have any success using social media sites?
  • Options
    benefitsofyogabenefitsofyoga subscriber Posts: 0
    The most important thing you can do when you're getting started in social media is find out where your customers are.