WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Cheese

JakeJake subscriber Posts: 2
Hello Everyone,
First, I struggled with which forum to post this information.  Please move to another forum.
This community and podcast has helped me much.  I hope some day I can give back just a portion of the things I have received.
I have a friend who was "required" to read a really small book for her job.  Once you have read this book, you will see some irony, but she and her co-workers were quite agrevated to have to read this book.  However, she loved the book and recommended it to me. 
I have read the book and will make it apart of my company`s required reading, but I wanted to share the book with you all.  This is one of those life changing books like The E-Myth.  Th book will take about 45 minutes to read front front to back.  This book is something to run your business by.  I would ask that if you take my advice to read the book that you read it in one sitting.  Scurry off to a secluded comfortable place and read deeply the teachings of this simple story:

"Who Moved My Cheese"
Spencer Johnson
You can see the hardback edition at this link: 99144463/sr=8-1/qid=1157298794/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0083513-9203 318?ie=UTF8&s=books
Let us know if you read the book here on the forums.  However, try to refraim from commenting on the contents.  I would like to start another thread in a few weeks so we can discuss the book. 
Let me know what you think.

Comments

• SnowflakeManSnowflakeMan subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Jake
    I guess you could have a whole heap of threads on great books:
    My Top 5 books for me would be:
    The Magic of Thinking Big
    Think & Grow Rich
    The Game of Work
    Rich Dad Poor Dad
    How to be Brilliant

• SolidGrndSolidGrnd subscriber Posts: 11
    Jake,
    I loved that book...and I think it should be required reading for all. Another fantastic book that I feel shoudl be required reading is "Raving Fans". Super easy read...fun...and extremely informative. It teaches you how to not just have customers for your business...but RAVING FANS!!! Check it out!