WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

8 Low-Cost Advertising Ideas

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited August 2007 in Marketing
I came up with a list of 8 low-cost advertising ideas. You can view them here:
ng-Ideas/7-Low-Cost-Advertising-Ideas.html
Do you have any low-cost advertising ideas that you`d like to share?
Dale King

DKing2007-7-24 8:37:36

Comments

• patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    shave words into the back of your head
  • ideaGENERATORideaGENERATOR subscriber Posts: 4
    My favorite free sites:
    Digg.com - Reddit.com - Netscape.com - furl.com
    StumbleUpon.com
    Blogging
    Craigslist.org

Then I have MySpace.com - but it can do some good.  Same with facebook.com.

You also can play bloggers which isn`t too expensive.
    Also, you mispelled one of the URL`s Dale -

AdBfite.com  - came up in another language... I assumed you meant an `r` instead of an `f.`
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

Also, you mispelled one of the URL`s Dale -

AdBfite.com  - came up in another language... I assumed you meant an `r` instead of an `f.`

Actually, I meant AdBrite.com
    Thanks for catching my error!
    Dale King
    Looks like a great opportunity. DO you use adbrite and if so, what kind of results do you get?
  • DorezDorez subscriber Posts: 3
    Dale,
    Thanks for this excellent article!  I enjoyed it and got a couple of tips too.  I sure do appreciate it.  One suggestion for anyone who has something unique to offer or who is in a speciality field... you might try contacting your local news station.  You may be able to get them to do a story on you -- and that`s free publicity.  I`ve done it several times.  My daughter and I were interviewed by NBC News (nationwide) and by a local station as well.
    Looks like a great opportunity. DO you use adbrite and if so, what kind of results do you get?
    No, I don`t use AdBrite.
    Because article marketing has been so effective for me, that`s my primary marketing method - besides forums of course.
    Dale King

Dale,
    Thanks for this excellent article!  I enjoyed it and got a couple of tips too.  I sure do appreciate it.  One suggestion for anyone who has something unique to offer or who is in a speciality field... you might try contacting your local news station.  You may be able to get them to do a story on you -- and that`s free publicity.  I`ve done it several times.  My daughter and I were interviewed by NBC News (nationwide) and by a local station as well.

Thanks for the kind words about my article Dorez! I`m glad you enjoyed it.
    By the way, that was a great PR tip about contacting local television stations.
    Dale King
  • VegasTonyVegasTony subscriber Posts: 1
    One of the most effective and economical ways to reach lots of people on a daily basis is...Business Cards.
    When you look at the cost effectiveness, your talking about reaching a potential prospect or customer for about .02 on average....If your an active person with a daily agenda that takes you out of your home or office, you could easily put your product or service in fron of 100 people a day...

• Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    Seth Godin had a marketing idea in his blog that I thought was absolutely brilliant. Too brilliant for anyone to do it yet though (to my knowledge) - which is why I bring it up here.Why don`t local businesses buy $50 worth of quarters now and then and
    feed all the meters in town... just put a little flyer under the
    windshield wiper.
    Seth Godin had a marketing idea in his blog that I thought was absolutely brilliant. Too brilliant for anyone to do it yet though (to my knowledge) - which is why I bring it up here.
    Why don`t local businesses buy $50 worth of quarters now and then and feed all the meters in town... just put a little flyer under the windshield wiper.

That`s an old guerrilla marketing technique. I know a lot of salesman who used to do that back in the eighties - myself included.
    Dale KingDKing2007-8-9 19:26:22