WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Empoyee training

nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2009 in Business Planning
Hi all,
I spent fifteen years working as a part time training instructor for various companies.  Now I am striking out on my own.  But, I am not sure how to affectively market my product or start.  I have the training guides for various topics and even developed a two day course for a local college. 
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    What specific skills are you training people to have? After going off on your own, who are you targeting to train? Small, medium or large businesses? Do you have a specific subject matter in mind that you prefer to train in or that is your specialty?
  • Options
    I am focusing on safety, security officer and warehouse (shipping, receiving, customer returns, forklift) training.  I am also putting together a new hire orientation program where I will plug in the clients specific information.
  • Options
    MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    Hmm, okay it sounds like you train in a lot of different areas. Since you are just starting out, it might be easier to market if you niche down a little bit more and target a narrower need. Would you consider starting out only training in one of these areas?
    Having a narrower focus might make it easier to target a specific type of business and you will most likely become more adept at deciding what advertising mediums are most effective with that kind of target customer. If your marketing is too broad, your initial advertising attempts might be ineffective. Narrowing down, however, will establish you more as an expert in that area, and your target will feel more personally targeted by your ads.
    Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Thanks Guys.  Appreciate the input.
  • Options
    tips91tips91 subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Currently, companies are looking for digital growth which you can help them out by training their teams to be digital marketing friendly and how they can grow in the mentioned space.