WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Profit splits for new venture

FuturesSharkFuturesShark subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Startup Funding
Are there any good sites for information on what a "typical" profit split might be in a certain industry?  I`m looking into being a financial backer for a short-term business opp where  I would provide funding and the partner would provide the labor/management.  I`m thinking in the ball park of 50/50 but I would like to see some data on what other have done/offered.  I imagine every industry is different but any thing would be interesting for comparison.  

Comments

• vasqvasq subscriber Posts: 0
    I`m starting a mobile carrier service and I need an investor to help me with the intial expenses. I don`t know how a venture like this works but I need funding to get this business up and runnning. Would you be willing to invest in this business?  
    vasq12/18/2007 5:29 PM
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member

Are there any good sites for information on what a "typical" profit split might be in a certain industry?  I`m looking into being a financial backer for a short-term business opp where  I would provide funding and the partner would provide the labor/management.  I`m thinking in the ball park of 50/50 but I would like to see some data on what other have done/offered.  I imagine every industry is different but any thing would be interesting for comparison.  
     Remember - there is (can be) a difference between how the (operating)  profits are distributed and the percentage of ownership in the entity. Without specifics, I can`t offer an actual suggestion - but you could consider the value of his work as compared to your investment as another factor in deciding how to divvy up the results.