WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Could We Create a Business Together?

Comments

• Options
    mmichudammichuda subscriber Posts: 4
    Don,I think SSL client certs are a great idea; but I. am not sure how to get the idea off of the ground
    (i.e. how to get people to want to install them, setting up a CA, etc.)  Have you successfully done this in your test environment?Regards,-mmichuda
  • Options
    LexusLexus subscriber Posts: 0
    OK Guys business took me away for a while here is a suggestion.
    Virtual Business Challenge
    Create a atmosphere on net where entreprenuers and experts meet, mastermind and conquer the task of beginning to finished product of business.  This will allow many ways to grow onto feeding upcomming challenges and perfect for back end sales for this perticular business.  Also, this idea will fuel itself by gaining interest on your radio show and the use of your website.  In addition, there is no reason each person could not financially benifit. I can further describe how all this  will work later. 
    TEAM ONE -Entreprnuers that accept the challenge and to their best ability submit an entry with their idea., why it is needed, where they see profits etc.
    We could begin with my idea...The Challenge!
    TEAM TWO - Your pannel of experts that create entry forum and rules that would allow the best idea to be picked.  In addition this pannel would go through and judge verbally on the forum why one is picked and one is not picked. Showing the weeded out processs This would allow spectators to learn for the next and up comming challenge.  .
    Also these experts would have to hand in hand help guide the contestant picked through the phases from beginning to end.  You could do this many ways to it is not so costly on your experts time. (I can further explain)
    The pannel of experts would pick Oh among 10 ideas summited and your spectators would also be apart of the judgeing process.
    I will tell you more if there is an interest if not I can learn from the rest of you out there and stop taking up space.
    Thanks for your time,
    Patience 

• Options
    Oh yes and one last thing about the challange...
    Everyone wins - spectators get to revup for the next challange as they learn along, Contestants win as experts guide them and they learn, and Experts gain acknowlegment about their expertise and I can tell later how they can benifit.
    Money wise, the investors, and winner of contest will come out great!
    There are many spin offs to this idea but for now what do you guys think?
  • Options
    Man Criag, you have some good insights.
    I enjoy learning from you.

• Options
    bmaddiganbmaddigan subscriber Posts: 0 Member

Hi Jeff et al,
    Let`s Do it...
    MarketPlace
    SEE:   ALIVE...   &   Amenamen
  • Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    can one of you provide an update for those of us who are not on the inside of this project?

a few questions:
    what`s the business?what`s the status of the business?who "owns" the business (and benefits from operating it)?what`s the experience been like trying to do this virtually, open source, througn a community?
    inquiring minds want to know!

rich
  • Options
    bmaddiganbmaddigan subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Hi Rich,
    Who are You talking with, Please?
    Thanks,
    b
  • Options
    sorry for making assumptions!i am reaching out to the person/people who are organizing a business currently... who, from what i understand, have used this post/thread as a stepping off point to actually create a business together.any help would be appreciated!i`d like to bring this to life on our national radio show.rich
  • Options
    rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi All
    I have a project which fits with this group.
    I have started a new thread to save confusion.
    See Can We Start A Business Together - Publishing
    http://www.startupnation.com/forums/5203/1/1</A>
  • Options
    Hi Rich:
    We have Nondisclosure Agreements in place so let me find out exactly what information the team may disclose at this point and I`ll be back to give an update to the community.thanks, miteymite! sound like something interesting is indeed brewing!rich
  • Options
    maryglennmaryglenn subscriber Posts: 1
    I just joined this web site and learned of this potential project.  Would love to be a part of it. 
    I have an idea centered around a universal love.........FOOD!!
    Anyone interested in starting a healthy fast food restaurant?  healthy and fast food sound like an oxymoron.........but that is the point!  We need more healthy options for busy travelers on the road.  Don`t know where to start.......
  • Options
    can one of you provide an update for those of us who are not on the inside of this project?a few questions:

what`s the business?
    what`s the status of the business?
    who "owns" the business (and benefits from operating it)?
    what`s the experience been like trying to do this virtually, open source, througn a community?
    inquiring minds want to know!

Rich did you find the info you were looking for reguarding this email you sent.
    Thanks,
    Lexusrich
  • Options
    mdweemsmdweems subscriber Posts: 1
    Although I am new to this site, I love it - I am a professional writer, and I am happy to contribute any SEO content, articles, or whatever is needed to help get any project going.
    (I haven`t had time to go through all the postings on this threat yet.... but I will!)
  • Options
    AMEX555AMEX555 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Everyone:Been interesting following this thread. I`d like to advise all concern to patiently await the launch of our services soonest. We cannot provide additional details without breaching the NDAs` in place. Be rest assured, that it will be worth the wait:) Thanks for your attention.Best,AMEX555

• Options
    mdweemsmdweems subscriber Posts: 1
    Alrighty.... think I`m finally caught up enough to know what`s up......
    From what I have read/seen so far, it seems that there are a few people who are bilingual that would present a wonderful opportunity to widen the customer base.  I would be more than happy to create SEO content, articles, or whatever is needed and have someone translate them so that you can broaden the site`s potential customer base to other communities.  I know that especially in the Southern US, there are a lot of Spanish-speaking business owners that would love to have access to services.  (I get a lot of calls for translation projects!)
    Anyhow - just a thought.....