WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

(Untitled)

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited October 2007 in Marketing
One of the biggest mistakes I see both veteran and newbie marketers alike make is switching up and changing marketing campaigns that still work.The question is why? If a marketing campaign is working and making money why not just leave it alone?I think there are four good answers to that question:1. BOREDOM. We marketers tend to get bored easily. Sometimes we screw around with perfectly good marketing campaigns simply because we`re tired of them, and we`re trying to break up the monotony a little bit.2. Challenge. I also think we do it as a challenge to ourselves - to see if we can improve what`s working to make it work even better.3. Monkey See, Monkey Do. We see other marketers changing their campaigns, so we do the same thing too (i.e., "Who Else" headlines.)4. Bad Advice. Some expert suggested that we gut our entire ad or salesletter. IF IT AIN`T BROKE...LEAVE IT ALONE! DON"T EVER CHANGE SOMETHING THATS WORKING, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE!
I welcome your feedback to this post.
Dale KingDKing2007-10-1 13:28:50

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Nikole, you went through all that trouble to prove what? I took a small portion of an article to make a legitimate post. So what. That is not contrary to the guidelines. Anyone can see that the actual article is much longer. If you have a problem with my posts, take it up with Joel. Otherwise, your childish rants and vindictive behavior is getting tiresome! The way you handle these types of situations is certainly no way for a so-called SunBassador to conduct herself. That`s why I have zero respect for you.
    Dale KingDKing2007-10-2 13:49:52
  • JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    I think this whole topic has been ruined by all this nonsense.  The "sun ambassador" is at fault on this one.Just  what is a sun ambassador?  are they supposed to be moderators of the forums?  Are they supposed to be someone who actually gives advice?  What gives.  Every question that`s posted should be reinforced with good business advice and not just trying to hard sell there services or try and put others down.  Can`t we all just play nice with each other????
    Please leave this open for discussion.  Don`t close it because then what you are creating a is an edited social network, sort of what failed for Walmart the last time.  I would hate to see that happen with this network.  Let us the users work it out amongst ourselves.
    JoeJustin2007-10-2 13:33:49
  • MarkBMarkB subscriber Posts: 2
    And same stuff over and over....zzzzz
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    I think this whole topic has been ruined by all this nonsense.  The "sun ambassador" is at fault on this one.Just  what is a sun ambassador?  are they supposed to be moderators of the forums?  Are they supposed to be someone who actually gives advice?  What gives.  Every question that`s posted should be reinforced with good business advice and not just trying to hard sell there services or try and put others down.  Can`t we all just play nice with each other????
    Joe, maybe it would be best if Joel did close this topic. No one is actually commenting on the actual topic anyway. Like you said, the whole thread has been ruined.
    And to answer your question, Nikole is NOT a moderator. She`s a wannabe moderator.  She has no actual power. Anything regarding posts go directly through, Joel. He determines what`s appropiate and what isn`t. If Joel thinks a topic is in violation of the forum guidelines, he will delete it.
    Dale KingDKing2007-10-2 13:58:24
    Nichole,So what you are saying is that this forum continues to warn folks about breaking the rules and policies of the forum, but they don`t want to ban folks because..... They don`t want to ban folks?  Ok, I think I am clear on that topic.  SO I can just start doing what I want posting what I want, and not worry about being banned because,  the "powers" that be don`t want to start banning people from the forum?Hence, the whole topic of this article, IF IT AINT BROK DON"T FIX IT....
    JoeJustin2007-10-2 14:5:7
    I couldn`t agree with you more!  what gives?
  • MarkBMarkB subscriber Posts: 2
    So called "Internet marketers" use these type of techniques to build traffic to their sites, they write an article that really tell the reader nothing, then post them all over the Internet. It makes them look like experts, when in reality most people on SuN could have written the piece.Then when I hire them and pay them good money to help me with my site, they write an article for me to post all over the Internet, so that it makes me look like an expert. LOLCan you tell I have fallen for that one already? There certainly is a place for posting articles, but there is a fine line between spamming and blatant self promotion and writing pieces that are intended to help your audience.
    MarkB2007-10-2 14:43:49
    Thanks for clearing that up Joel!