WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

outsourcing my core business...

BOOYABOOYA subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2009 in Selecting a Business
Hi, I am considering starting a business where my core business service will be outsourced. essentially i`ll be a middle man and assurer for the service. I`ve read alot about outsourcing and it seems that everywhere I look, people are advising people like me to NEVER outsource the key components of the business, only outsource the less important tasks...

how does the forum feel about outsourcing the core business?

Comments

• soloexsoloex subscriber Posts: 4
    What is the reason for considering this? This would help drive my response.
  • RetiredMember5RetiredMember5 subscriber Posts: 0
    When you outsource the core business of your model, it is difficult to maintain control and know what is transpiring in your business.  From a legal standpoint, this may cause issues and concerns to arise that than may later spin out of control.  Check out our FREE entrepreneur guide on how to start, operate and grow your business in today`s web 2.0 world.  We address outsourcing issues.  This may help you.
  • ManifestingSeminarManifestingSeminar subscriber Posts: 0
    Depends what your core business is. 
    For example, if you are web designer and you have an outsource for your website design, then yes. So you are just double checking the code to make sure it meets your clients needs.  You can take on more clients and your time is spent getting more business.
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    the rule which has worked best for me ...

1) focus on what you are best at

2) outsource everything else if you can

hopefully what you are best at is what you love the most.  and hopefully it doesn`t take all your time.  we outsource for several resons...cost effectiveness, efficiency enhancement, capacity/knowledge issues....just make sure you are doing it for the right reasons that support the overall objective of your business