WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

If you are thinking about the Coffee Buisness espresso and such

LaCremaCoffeeLaCremaCoffee subscriber Posts: 3
edited December 2007 in Selecting a Business
Please feel free to post me questions about starting a Coffee/Espresso buisness. I have experiance and industry connections.

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    LaCremaCoffee,

very nice offer. what`s your experience in the coffee biz? also, to be taken with a grain of salt (or ground of coffee, as the case may be), i have a recommendation for your tagline in your posts.

i`d change,

"When you turn on your coffee maker: does it return the favor?"

to...

"When you turn on your coffee maker: does it return the flavor?"
  • Options
    LtresselLtressel subscriber Posts: 3
    I really like that tag-line.  What one single word can do to express a huge idea. Brilliant!
    LT
  • Options
    Yes! I love it.  Thanks Rich.
    Some information about my experiance:Thanks for askingHaving been in the retail coffee business or five years, I
    can make recommendations based on customer feedback. Also I realize the value of cost .v. value. People, who drink espresso drinks, do not
    always want to pay for the top of the line produced, and if you decide that
    because YOU want to serve them, you can pay for quality that isn’t realized in
    a monetary return. I Sample products continuously
    and extensively, which I feel allows me to make sound based recommendations based
    on quality and price. Mostly though it the time I have spend being a wholesale coffee
    roaster that has allowed me to observe both successful espresso business and ones
    that have failed. Due to my intimate
    relationship with my customer, I have seen for the inside mistakes and lessons
    that I feel can benefit anyone who is thinking about starting a Coffee/espresso
    business.I don’t and never have operated my business as a “hobby” I’m
    serious about Coffee. I participate in
    on-line coffee forums, and am involved in the coffee culture. I passionate
    about providing the Crème de la Crème on total customer satisfaction and helping
    others succeed in this industry.  (In
    fact I’m roasting right now).I started my business from the ground up. I have managed to make it in a very
    competitive local market, and know how difficult and rewarding having your own business
    can be.Rich, thank you for the Killer recommendation I greatly appreciate
    it.Honestly I’m not a real good writer, so please bear with me JP.S. We all know that Undercapitalization is the biggest
    contributor to small business failure. However there are industry specific issues that even enough capitol wouldn’t
    matter if ignored.
  • Options
    I average 1 wholesale customer every two months...So far LaCremaCoffee12/23/2007 9:53 PM