WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I hate accounting, What should I do?

TripleLTripleL subscriber Posts: 4
edited November 2007 in Business Planning
Hi, this is Lloyd, and if you already know about my previously posted question, I just want to let you know that I really appreciate your input and suggestions. anyway, my point is that I love business, and I really want to pursue opening a restaurant eventually, but I forgot to mention I hate accounting, and most of your suggestions said that I should major in it. What should I do? I honestly don`t like it as much as I hoped, and it just doesn`t "click" with me and I dont fully comprehend it. Even though I could save tons of money being my own accountant, I`d rather spend it and not have to worry about it myself! Thanks for your time, I`m anxious to hear your replies!
-LLLIV 

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    If you don`t like accounting, then don`t plan a career in it.
    However, as a business person (entrepreneur) - it would be vary helpful to have a basic understanding of the financial reports that are generated for a business. robertj2007-11-20 10:50:5
  • LtresselLtressel subscriber Posts: 3
    Maybe you can hire virtual assistant who can do your book keeping.  For the rest of the accounting matters-use an accountant. 
    LT
  • smallbizcoachsmallbizcoach subscriber Posts: 0
    If you do the accounting yourself, it will actually cost you money. Think about it. It will take you 3-4 times longer to do it and that is time that you could be making more money or enjoying free time.
    Outsource it.
    I am terrible at accounting, but my bookkeeper is fantastic at it. Although I am very good at reading reports to see how we are doing and that keeps everything on the straight and narrow.
    Aaron