WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Banner advertising!

SkentSkent subscriber Posts: 1
Hi all!
On my website I would like to run advertisement that generates income for every time the add is loaded. Currently I run google ads and get a few clicks but have more space on it and would like to know more about banner ads and if there is any "network" aggregating that kind of adds the same way google run text adds.
Does anyone have experience with any add-aggregator in this space I would very much appreciate some feedback and links.
On my site I have quite a lot of view but not so many clicks so I thought banners could help me build revenue. Thanx for the attention!
/Kent

Comments

• starpointestarpointe subscriber Posts: 2
    You can use Google AdSense to run image ads or even video ads, not just text ads.  Their service is excellent because:You`re already using them so you`re used to the interface and will be able to receive payments from one sourceTheir system analyzes the content on your page and serves up image ads to match it.  When you content changes, your ads change automatically.
  • hardknocksmbahardknocksmba subscriber Posts: 1
    There are a number of ad networks aside from Google and similar contextual ad networks. There are three problems with these networks in my experience: 1) Payment levels are low, rarely breaking the $1 cpm level to the site owner, 2) Fill rates can be low, meaning that you end up getting paying ads only 25% of the time or so, and 3) The ads can be really, really tacky and intrusive, which can hurt the branding of your site. Also, if your site is laid out with tables and the network serves the ad slowly, they can cause your page to load more slowly than otherwise.If you use ad networks, the standard technique is to sign up for several and daisy chain them, so that when your preferred network can`t serve a paying ad, you pull an ad from a second network rather a default charity ad. Burst Media, FastClick, and Tribal Fusion are three of the better known networks. There`s a new one called RMX Direct that does the daisy chaining for you that`s worth a look, although last I saw they were still in beta.In my experience, ad networks aren`t worth the hassle and the hit to branding your site takes, but lots of other people use and like them. It looks like SUN, for example, uses FastClick and Burst Media (if you see ads for nonprofit stuff like the Girl Scouts or NHTSA here, that`s Fast Click or Burst serving up ads that the site owner does not get paid for).If your site is tightly focused, you will do better selling ads directly to advertisers in your space. CPMs are much better that way. For serving your ads, PHPAdsNew is both free and very powerful.hardknocksmba2006-12-14 8:59:46
  • smithcharlottencsmithcharlottenc subscriber Posts: 0
    In my experience, ad networks aren`t worth the hassle and the hit to branding your site takes, but lots of other people use and like them. It looks like SUN, for example, uses FastClick and Burst Media (if you see ads for nonprofit stuff like the Girl Scouts or NHTSA here, that`s Fast Click or Burst serving up ads that the site owner does not get paid for).
  • KagubadaKagubada subscriber Posts: 0
    Over the past few years, most of us have heard about all the money being made on the Internet. This new medium of education and entertainment has revolutionized the economy and brought many people and many companies a great deal of success. But where is all this money coming from? There are a lot of ways Web sites make money, but one of the main sources of revenue is advertising. And one of the most popular forms of Internet advertising is the banner ad.
  • JavuinzuJavuinzu subscriber Posts: 0
    Your advertising banner is most often the first thing to represent you, your site, or organization. It is the equivalent to a display ad in a newspaper or magazine, a listing in the yellow pages, and a business card, all in one. Banner ads link your prospective clients directly to you. Click on any banner on this page to see how it work.
  • thomas14thomas14 subscriber Posts: 0
    Its one of SEM methods for promoting
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    You can utilize Google AdSense to run picture promotions or even video advertisements, not simply message promotions. Their administration is superb because:You`re as of now utilizing them so you`re used to the interface and will have the capacity to get installments from one sourceTheir framework investigates the substance on your page and serves up picture advertisements to match it. When you content changes, your promotions change naturally.