WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SBA 7a loans

ElementalUnityElementalUnity subscriber Posts: 3
edited June 2009 in Startup Funding
I was wondering if someone could explain this to me.  I read that they guarantee 90% of the loan for this year.  I am in a bad position though I do not have very good credit, when I say not good credit, I mean pretty piss poor

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Not sure what your question is. FYI - the SBA doesn`t make loans. They provide "guarantees" to the lender, which is supposed to make the lender more willing to lend to small businesses. Among the recent actions taken by the US government was to raise the guarantee percentage to 90%- which was intended to "encourage" lenders to make loans to small businesses.
    For both past and present - the personal credit history of the principals is a very important factor in getting any SBA loan. With your poor credit rating, you may have to look for other funding strategies.
    Hope this helps. If you`d like to discuss your specific situation (in confidence) send me a PM or contact me directly.
    Sky,
    I can`t speak about your source, but I doubt it. Most lenders look at performance over time -s not just the age of existence of the company.
    I`d ask - who provides the line of credit.
    If you want to discuss your specific situation in confidence, contact me directly

• StartUpSmartStartUpSmart subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi,

We have worked with many clients with that same issue. Reaching out for another parnter with good credit is a fine idea but you must be sure that all the partners are in alignment. This means that you need to be sure that the business model, the strategy, the equity position, and the exit are all clearly communicated. Additionally, get crystal clear on the roles that each partner will play in the business.

Don`t hesitate to connect with me directly if you have other questions.
  • LOBITELOBITE subscriber Posts: 0
    HI GUYS
    I AM BUYING A NEW QUIZNOS FRANCHISE, AND I AM IN NEED OF GREAT IDAES AS TO HOW TO BRAKTHROUGH IN THIS  FRANCHISE BUSINESS.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH  ADVERTISEMENT PLANS AND HOW TO INCREASE FOOT TRAFFIC IN THE SHOP. DO YOU  THINK MOUNTING A CABLE TV IN THE SHOP IS A GOOD IDEA?
    PLEASE HELP.
    JOHN

HI GUYS
    I AM BUYING A NEW QUIZNOS FRANCHISE, AND I AM IN NEED OF GREAT IDAES AS TO HOW TO BRAKTHROUGH IN THIS  FRANCHISE BUSINESS.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH  ADVERTISEMENT PLANS AND HOW TO INCREASE FOOT TRAFFIC IN THE SHOP. DO YOU  THINK MOUNTING A CABLE TV IN THE SHOP IS A GOOD IDEA?
    PLEASE HELP.
    JOHN

John,
    I`m not sure how your question relates to the topic of SBA loans.
    Generally, the franchiser provides all this type of information along with the training to support their "program"
    If they aren`t helping you prepare your advertising & promotion plan - or at least providing you with some guidance - why do you want to buy this one?