WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Funding a Laser Tag business

MarauderMarauder subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Startup Funding
Greetings everyone, this looks like a super place for information. I am glad I found it!  
I am looking for sources of funding to start up a Laser Tag facility with an add on attraction called Cyber Sport. Large population with only 1 facility(small) in the area. I can and will do it better!
I have approx 50k to invest and will need 100-150k for building build out and working capital and I plan to lease the laser tag equipment.  I have collateral (house/SEP-IRA), but want to stay away from using it. Last check FICO was 824.
What other sources besides SBA should I be researching?
Thanks in advance,
Scott

Comments

• LiveWiseLiveWise subscriber Posts: 5
    I believe that you can do better than the one small facility.  I loved laser tag the few times that I`ve been.  I haven`t played in more than 15 years though.   

Do you have more than Laser Tag happening?  Is there an arcade?  I recently visited a place that had Laser Tag, skydiving simulator, and the wave thing for indoor surfing and bodyboarding.  There was also an arcade, bumper cars, miniature golf course, pizza, deli, and a gym (Parents going to the gym can bring their kids for fun.)   These all seemed to be run independently and targeted the same audience of those who are trying to figure out what to do for fun.  This was a new facility and the people were excited. 
  • MarauderMarauder subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks Natalie,
                               Yes, we are going to have video game arcade, hot food snack bar, party rooms,  parent waiting room with TV and free Wi-Fi. I am also looking at adding a game called Cyber Sport. It is a game that is a mix of hockey, lacrosse and basketball, all while riding in a bumper type car.
    Scott
  • LiveWiseLiveWise subscriber Posts: 5
    Sounds like you may have the idea for "The Spot" that people will want to hang out for the whole day.  Good luck!   I wish it was local for me.  My little girl would love it.
  • treytrey subscriber Posts: 1
    Are you looking for investors or partners?
    Where is this going to be located?
    Thanks