WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

needs an Angel!

LisaBLisaB subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2006 in Startup Funding
Greetings!LisaB2006-8-28 20:13:35

Comments

• rocknroll333rocknroll333 subscriber Posts: 2
    Lisa,
    You don`t need an angel investor you need a corporate sponsor. Corporate sponsors will give you money in exchange for you promoting them on your site, at your show on the ticket stubs etc.
    Start with people you know. Maybe MSNBC will sponsor you, along with any other corporations you deal with. In addition, to get corporate sponsorship you need to offer the corporations a value for thier $10,000. Some things you can offer is including them in your press release. If you have any radio commercials promoting your comedy act, offer to mention their sponsorship. Your publisher could be a potential sponsor - add banners of your sponsors to your website etc. The list goes on and on.
    I used corporate sponsors to get free services I needed from free legal contracts from lawyers to a sponsored benefit CD that I gave to charity. You have so much going for you in that you are a writer, and in the entertainment industry.
    Good Luck!
  • LisaBLisaB subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Laurie,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I`ll definitely keep it in mind for future use.
    Unfortunately, at this point, I`m at the really early stages of this game and am not advertising on the radio, etc., yet. I`m just starting out. The big stuff isn`t until next year. For now, I`m scratching in the dirt. But now that you`ve opened my eyes to the possibility, I`ll keep it on a front burner as an additional option.
    Thanks again!Lisa