WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Startup Help

TURBOsportTURBOsport subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2006 in Elevator Pitches
Turbo Sports LLCis a company that sells aftermarket turbochargers and all accesories associated with turbo upgrades. Turbocharged cars are the hottest thing in the industry right nowand competition is scarce. I have a strategious marketing plan availible upon request. I am trying to take advantage of the market right now while its smaller. All there is is room to grow

Comments

• Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    TurboSport,That sounds great, but I am not sure what "Startup Help" you are looking for. Do you have a question, or did you just want to inform us about the small market with large demand of turbochargers?
  • Options
    BarbchiavelliBarbchiavelli subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, Are you seeking working capital - start up loan ...I provide start up loans for A credit as well as good credit..I finance equipment  as well...please contact me is you need my assistance, Barb
  • Options
    paul2145rpaul2145r subscriber Posts: 5
    It`s actually much larger than many people assume. You can`t really gauge it from looking at "customized" cars driving around; many "stock" looking vehicle owners are moving to turbo-chargers to give them that little bit of extra excitement. Also, many Diesel trucks utilize turbo`s to give more towing power.TurboSport, PM me and we can see what I can do to help. I have a little bit of experience in the custom automotive world, and still have some contacts that might be interested.
  • Options
    BrianneedshelpBrianneedshelp subscriber Posts: 0
      The Topic says Startup Help.  Well, I`m asking, help!!!
           Please read my profile and E-mail me
                                                                   Thanks,
                                                                              Brian

• Options
    friendsfirlifefriendsfirlife subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi Brian -
    Sorry you are having such a frustrating time, but you have come to the right place - we are all here to help each other out.
    I saw your post under the other forum, then checked this one.  I think the reason you haven`t gotten any response is because this is a rather old thread.  The best way to post a new question is to use the "Post New Topic" button at the top, rather than posting a new request for help as a reply in an already existing topic.
    I think there are others in this community who can give you much better advice than I, but here are a couple of suggestions:
    - check with the SBA (www.sba.gov</A> ) - they have general information, as well as referals to state agencies for specific items.  most states also have some kind of small business support agency as well.  since I am in California, I have no idea what the specifics are in South Carolina.
    - if you were already told that you don`t need a business license, and you are working solo and not planning on having any employees for the time being, it may be better not to complicate things for yourself.  just keep good records, report all your income and pay your taxes - you will be doing it "legit".
    - if you are concerned about liability issues, then you probably need to go the llc or incorporation route - a sole proprietorship does not protect you from personal liability.
    Finally, my main suggestion would be to post a new question under the "Startup Business Basics" forum - you will get lots of experienced advice there, I`m sure - maybe even from folks in your state.
    Good luck!
    Lisa