WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

First time trade show

readysetgoreadysetgo subscriber Posts: 1
Hello All,
I will be showing my product at a trade show on March 16th -18th at the, International Home and Housewares Show in Chicago. I will be in the inventors center.

I have a working prototype, patent pending, fliers, business cards and a huge "I`m going to make it" smile ready.  As I am a virgin to all of this could someone tell me what else I will be needing.

Thank you all Rita

http://www.cart-hold.com</A>

readysetgo2008-2-28 12:12:5

Comments

• ACF30ACF30 subscriber Posts: 0
  • barkwheatsbarkwheats subscriber Posts: 3
    Good luck, Rita!  One question I had regarding your product...are you marketing towards individuals?  Or towards supermarkets?  Or towards manufacturers of the carts themselves?  On your site you say "Dents on your truck from hardware carts hitting it?" and then say that it`s something you can carry wherever you go.  If I have one of these, I`m not likely to put it on a cart roaming in the lot that could hit my car. 
    Now, if you`re going to market to supermarkets or even better yet, the manufacturers of the carts, thats a different thing and I might not be so inclined to tell people its something they can take with them wherever they go.
    Sorry if Im speaking out of turn....just a thought.
  • readysetgoreadysetgo subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Barkwheats,
    Thank you for the question. My goal is that it will be sold in retail stores to the customers. CART_HOLD has a telescoping handle and the gripping feet fold up so that it is similar to bringing an umbrella with you or one that you may keep in your car. Also it will come with a pull string bag.
    Rita

Thank you so much Chris for all your information. I have a friend who will be with me so I will be able to meet and talk with others as you have suggested.
    I will have my product in the "New Product Showcase" but I was not aware of "meet the buyer" I will certainly have to contant my coordinator to ask about that.
    Thank you again Chris you have a been a great help.

• barkwheatsbarkwheats subscriber Posts: 3

Hi Barkwheats, Thank you for the question. My goal is that it will be sold in retail stores to the customers. CART_HOLD has a telescoping handle and the gripping feet fold up so that it is similar to bringing an umbrella with you or one that you may keep in your car. Also it will come with a pull string bag. Rita

Hi Rita,
    It`s a neat idea, and one that I think warrants a look at a broader scope than just to retail customers.  I think it`d be a really awesome thing for cart manufacturers to implement into their carts, and just think of the potential there.  Just my thoughts
    Cont. risking too much information, or like you even wanted to know! LOL

Yes, I DO want to know. All the information you have given me so far has been great and I am taking notes. The day is coming quick and I have a lot to think about.

The Taco Tiger is Great! I`ve worked in many factories and warehouses and I know how much your product is needed.  
    Hi Rita,It`s a neat idea, and one that I think warrants a look at a broader scope than just to retail customers.  I think it`d be a really awesome thing for cart manufacturers to implement into their carts, and just think of the potential there.  Just my thoughts.
    Funny you mention that because I actually started that way. With all the research that I`ve done I know that the way I`m going is the best way at this time.
    Thanks againreadysetgo2008-3-4 11:35:20
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Yes, yes, PLEASE tell us how it went!  I plan on going next year.  I need the nitty gritty
  • TapeSealTapeSeal subscriber Posts: 5
    Yeah, I`d love to hear how it went.  We are about to attend out first trade show for tape-seal and we are so nervous.  I love your idea, there is nothing worse than trying to unload groceries with two hands and keeping your foot on the bottom of the cart or sticking your rear out to keep the cart just far enough away from your car!  Obviously you`ve done the research but I would have initially thought that the cart manufacturers would be the way to go.  At least you figured out your target market before the show, that is great!  Good luck!
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Thanks madspeed!  Let me know when you can share your product!
  • TapeSealTapeSeal subscriber Posts: 5
    Hi Madspeed, I am from Chandler, I`ll send you an PM!