WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Business...any PR/marketing suggestions?

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited October 2007 in Public Relations
Hi Everyone,
Check out my website at www.wordsmithsandmore.com</A>. I`m new to this.  If you have any suggestions about how I can market my business, please share. Your suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks for helping me,
DayDreamer

Comments

• PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi DayDreamer,
    Congratulations on your new business! That`s great! To get the word out, I would suggest contacting your local press and targeted media venues you`d like to be in. To start, check all of the free articles and blog entries on this site for free PR and marketing information.
    I wish you all the best,
    Melanie

• GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    OMG Melanie, I didn`t realize that was you!  I just printed that article and read it while on the treadmill.  Great stuff!!!
    Thanks so much Leslie! That`s really nice of you. (And it`s nice to hear that other people read business papers while working out too! )
    Melanie
    Hi Katherine,
    I`m glad you like the 7 Steps. And Congrats! It sounds like you are well on your way.
    To start, you might want to call the various charities and make a verbal connection first. Introduce yourself and tell them that you will send more information. Then, send out your packets and do the appropriate follow-up.
    Perhaps you can work directly with the charities to develop unique story ideas for the press?
    Also, on your website, be sure to focus on the benefits and not the features. Maybe you can share some personal stories about the people you will be helping? Everyone likes a good "before and after" story.
    Just a few thoughts...
    Melanie
    Sounds good as nothing beats the personal touch - Also, be sure to get approvals in writing to feature success stories. You`ll avoid problems later on.
    Thanks,
    Melanie
  • alicemenezesalicemenezes subscriber Posts: 0
    Putting it up here is good for starters. Besides that, firstly you begin anything with friends and family. Spread by word of mouth and give offers and discounts. Gradually move on to the digital space with social media or even a few ad campaigns that has shown to give a few quick sales and is good for start- ups. Post this you keep building on the same and then develop values like customer retention etc.