WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I’m New to Startup Nation

AboveAverageJoeAboveAverageJoe subscriber Posts: 4
edited September 2007 in New Member Welcome
I am an entrepreneur but I am currently very short on finances. I have a vision of a product I would like to produce but no prototype, and no actual knowledge of how to produce it, but I do see the need and the monetary opportunity that my product would bring. How would I go about finding people who could help me create this product while still keeping the inventive/creative rights to the product to myself?

Comments

• GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Where oh where to start??? 
    Of course you found a great place to start by coming here.  Besides here, a MUST READ is The Mom Inventors Handbook by Tamara Monosoff.   I see Joe that you are not a "Mom" per sea, but that really doesn`t matter.  I need to give credit where credit is due and her book broke the inventing process down to a level that if felt doable and now here I am just months away from a full on assault on the grilling and gifting markets! 
    The very very short answer to your question is yes, by all means, you can have a prototype made and keep 100% of the rights.  That`s usually how it`s done.  Seriously, read the book then come back and we can chat in depth.
    Everyone has great ideas that they think will change the world, just like you, the difference is, what are you gonna do with it?  Go for it!!!