WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hello from a NJ Virtual Assistant

MyGoToGalMyGoToGal subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in New Member Welcome
Hello Everyone,I would like to take a moment to introduce myself and my business.  My name is Tracey DelCamp and I own and operate My GoTo Gal Virtual Assistant Services.  I specialize in adding more time to the business owner`s day so they can enjoy more leisure time, and also focus on growing their business.  I am excited to be a part of this forum and am looking forward to networking with each of you.

Comments

• MyGoToGalMyGoToGal subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the very warm welcome, everyone!  
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Welcome Tracey,Where from in New Jersey are you from? I grew up in Union County (Roselle) to be exact. Welcome aboard.... Can you tell us more about what you do?
  • polygirlpolygirl subscriber Posts: 0
    Tracey:
    I`m originally from NJ, but have been in the midwest for way too many years. I don`t actually have my business started yet but was hoping you might be able to tell me what was the hardest part of getting your Virtual Assistant business up and running.
    Polygirl
    Hi Edgar, I`m located in the Cherry Hill, NJ area... its about 20 minutes south of Philly.I`d be happy to give you more insight into what I do!  Currently, my target market is small business owners of all industries.  I would eventually like to narrow that down to a more specific  market.  I provide administrative assistance to business owners, virtually.  I handle all tasks using today`s technology, eliminating the need for in-person completion.  This is a very cost effective way for business owners to utilize  an assistant to complete  administrative tasks for them, so they can focus more on growing their business... or just having more time to have some fun!  I "partner" with a business owner, i.e. take a genuine interest in their company`s goals and objectives.  I listen to what their current processes are, and make suggestions on working more efficiently and effectively.  I take a genuine interest in their success as I enjoy seeing businesses succeed from their hard efforts (from one business owner to another!).  Thereby, I add time to their day by handling their administrative tasks so they can focus on having some fun, or working on their business growth.  Thanks for the inquiry into what I do!  Welcome Tracey,Can you tell us more about what you do?
    MyGoToGal2007-8-10 18:11:22
    Hi Polygirl,I wish you luck with starting your VA business.  I think you will find it very rewarding once you do!The hardest part for me is identifying a target market that truly matches my skills and personality.  With a target market, you`ll be able to speak directly to your audience and truly enjoy what you`re doing.  I`ve also found marketing to be difficult.  I did a direct mailing, and that resulted in zero inquiries, and zero hits to my website.  I`m currently involved in organizations, both online and offline, to network in.  I`ve found that I`m enjoying myself.  Rather than trying to obtain clients by networking, I`m finding that I just enjoy the learning that comes with it!  By the way, you`re taking a right step by being involved in this forum!If you are interested in becoming a VA, please check out www.virtualassistantnetworking.com .  Thats the Virtual Assistant Chamber of Commerce and has alot of valuable information to help you on your journey.  There are standards that must be met before you are accepted as they truly believe you should offer administrative tasks as a VA.  However, it is worth it as I`ve learned so much there!  If you have any questions about the VA industry, I would be more than happy to help you!Tracey Tracey:
    I`m originally from NJ, but have been in the midwest for way too many years. I don`t actually have my business started yet but was hoping you might be able to tell me what was the hardest part of getting your Virtual Assistant business up and running.
    PolygirlMyGoToGal2007-8-10 18:24:0
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hello and Welcome!  I`m actually vacationing on the Jersey Shore now!  Great State!  We flew into Philli then drove up.  I guess I`m a Jersey Girl for the week  WELCOME!!!
    Hi Leslie (Jersey Girl),Glad to hear you`re in Jersey and no doubt enjoying yourself!  Let me know how your vacation went!
    It was sooo much fun!  I`m back home now,  with all my irons in the fire once again  It`s an annual vacation, so I`ll be there soon, same time next year!
  • tawtamtawtam subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, Leslie
    I`m looking for a different place to vacation every year. Just came out of the Hot Vegas just to get SC heat again. What`s going on in the Phillis and New Jersey? I like to enjoy something to do every day.
    Any suggestions?
    Jacquelynn
    Hey Jacquelynn! I have a girl friend that lives in "The City" but has a vacation home on Long Beach Island NJ so we make the pilgrimage once a summer to visit.  There are direct flights from Charleston to Phili, so we just hop on a quick flight then rent a car.  It`s only about an hour and 1/2 drive.  We always have so much fun!  We actually get a sitter for at least one day and hop on over the Atlantic City.  BC  (Before Children) we would go to Vegas every year on vacation, but for now, a day in Atlantic City is all I get to satisfy my urge for Black Jack!
  • tawtamtawtam subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Leslie,
    I went to Vegas this summer HOT. I had such great fun. Without the children. Just looking for another place to go without the children next year. I have a vacation for them and one for me now.

Jacquelynn
  • MarieMadsenMarieMadsen subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    It's fun to see that the community is growing. Together with different types of virtual assistants. As a <a href="http://20four7va.com/">virtual employee</a> , it's delightful to see an active community ready to help each other out.