WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Focus!!

nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
edited May 2007 in Home-Based Businesses
What does it mean really? I`m in the middle of school, trying to plan a fledgling business and working towards being promoted at my part time job.I`ve asked a question similar to this before but I need a bit of a different clarification on what it means to Focus as an Entrepreneur. As I write this I`m listening to a SUN podcast and watching TV. Now My question is this: I realize that when I focus on anything 100 percent I`m more efficient and the quality of my work is generally better. But in this world of Multitasking when should you as an Entreprenuer try to balance a lot of plates, and when should you just focus on one thing?

Comments

• GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Most entrepreneurs I know are ADD or ADHD so I`m not sure if I`ve ever really seen true "focus"  Seriously, my husband and his best friend are both very successful entrepreneurs and listening to their conversations are PAINFUL!  I`m a little "all over the map" too, but I can at least finish a sentence.  In my house, "focus" is overrated.  I do wish there were more of it, but that`s just not in the cards over here.  Good luck finding it, and when you figure out how to get it, let me know!!!
    On that note... I`m off to take my 2 year old pee pee on the potty as we are on day 2 of commando potty training, I`ve got to get my revisions of my packaging shot over to my graphic designer, I`ve got 2 rental units empty, so I need to list them on CraigsList and I`d really need to my UPC codes done....  GrillCharmer2007-5-30 13:44:2
  • nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
    Most entrepreneurs I know are ADD or ADHD so I`m not sure if I`ve ever really seen true "focus"  Seriously, my husband and his best friend are both very successful entrepreneurs and listening to their conversations are PAINFUL!  I`m a little "all over the map" too, but I can at least finish a sentence.  In my house, "focus" is overrated.  I do wish there were more of it, but that`s just not in the cards over here.  Good luck finding it, and when you figure out how to get it, let me know!!!
    On that note... I`m off to take my 2 year old pee pee on the potty as we are on day 2 of commando potty training, I`ve got to get my revisions of my packaging shot over to my graphic designer, I`ve got 2 rental units empty, so I need to list them on CraigsList and I`d really need to my UPC codes done....  So what you`re telling me is I`m truly doomed. LOL.But do you use the strategy of defining one thing that you absolutely must do in a given day?
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    I do have a rough outline of things I`d like to accomplish on any given day, listed in order of priority, but with 2 little ones, and the various other "jobs" I have,  I don`t beat myself up too much if showering doesn`t get checked off...  It does get moved to the top of the list for the next day though GrillCharmer2007-5-30 15:59:5
  • nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
    Um I get it I think?No wait, you lost me craig.