WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Collective Capitalization

This is a new twist on an old idea but one that I`m looking to start. I would like to form a vitual corporation dedicated to helping it`s members increase their business. Basically, each member would be a part of a SIC group and the V-corp. will act as a shell to brand product or services. This for the most part is the Home Depot / Wal-Mart model.  Heres`s an example: You have a SMB with 5 employees and you make widgets. Big Box can out price you because of their huge volume. The V-corp does the marketing for it`s members and gets a small percentage and funnels the sell to you. The V-corp is funded through membership qualifications i.e. $24.99 admin fee and 2 referals. The first 2 referals go to the sponsoring company. This way the members have an incentive to bring new members and be paid for the effort. We can also create a micro-lender scenario to fund viable ideas/business.
Just an idea.......... what do you think?

Comments