WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I feel like I have hit a brick wall!

LGS2003LGS2003 subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2006 in Marketing
I am brand new to the site and am so excited to have found you all.
I have been in business for six months (scrapbooking retail store) and am fitting to keep my head above water....I have about 400 customers who frequent my store about once a month, but I know there is a lot more people out there who haven`t heard about me.
I just want to hash out some ideas for marketing to reach new customers.  In addition, I want a way to encourage my current customers to purchase MORE!!!
If anyone has any ideas, I would be forever thankful.
Well, I am off to view the forums and see if I could help anyone with what I do know LOL

Comments

• LGS2003LGS2003 subscriber Posts: 1
    Currently I run ads in the local newspaper....I have a monthly newsletter that gets mailed to each persons inbox (approx 400 individuals)
    I have tried to offer a referral program (refer someone new and be placed in a draw for a store gift certifcate)
    I run classes each month approx 10 per month.  Which have proven to be quite successful in the existing client base.
    My biggest thing is getting new people in the doors.  What is the secret to this?  I was trying to do inexpensive advertising....but seemed to have hit a brick wall.
    The existing client base I do have is wonderful and incredibly loyal for only being in business for six months....that being said, there is a lot of people in this city who haven`t heard about me.
    Any ideas on how to reach these people?  I am trying to find something less than "shot gun advertising"  I want to be more keyed into my demographic, but have no ideas how to reach them....please help me.
    Thanks!
  • bfleming98bfleming98 subscriber Posts: 0
    LG,
    Have you looked @ Ebay?  You can list your products very cheaply on there and probably move a lot of product.
    also try:
    Google Base (free classified listings)http://www.craigslist.com</A> (free listings again)

• davennydavenny subscriber Posts: 2
    I am recommending you go out and buy ASAP "Your
    Marketing Sucks" in the book the author using a furniture store as an
    example for a complete year long marketing plan with events, specials etc.

I have the book and the audiobook.  I do business book reviews and I would
    guarantee that you would get a lot of great ideas from this book.

If you would like to talk at length about your store and some execution strategies
    please email me or call me at 1-800-838-7716.
  • LGS2003LGS2003 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks everyone for your input
    I have completed a request to be allowed into Scrapbiz website and have yet to hear anything back...does anyone know the best way to get ahold of this lady??
    Regarding the marketing plan, I appreciate the input Erik...is there anyway you can embellish on this topic...what types of plans do they implement.  What are the advantages to this as compared to another book?  What was your lightbulb moment for why you thought this book was the greatest ever?
    Thanks again everyone