WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Here, Hope to meet business minded people

businesswomanbusinesswoman subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Website Critique
Hi, I joined hoping to meet others in the wholesale business. Would you like to checkout my site? http://www.thewebsitefindercatalog.zoomshare.com</A>  Please give me your imput on these sites. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    asykesasykes subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi,There`s some nice stuff on this site, but perhaps you should take a bit more time optimising the images, some of them look like they`ve been squashed down in size quite a bit.Good luck with it!
  • Options
    Thank you, I hadn`t notice that. If you click on the image it does become larger. Thanks again.

• Options
    Thanks, I did go back in and fixed some of it. This is mostly a pre filled site and I can`t resize the picture so I did change them around.
  • Options
    Ya know what??  I like your site.  You make it plain to see what you`re selling, how much it costs, your list of products does not give you more and more drop down lists.  If I click on clocks, I will see clocks.  They will not make me choose which clocks I want to look at from there, nor will it then take me to banks.  Your pics look good.  Sure, maybe if you spend tons and tons of money to have it done professionally, it may look better, but I thought you did a nice job.
    I could browse without having to sign in, and when I was ready, I could register and checkout.  The only thing might be to put the shipping charges on the checkout page, so I would know how much I would be charged for shipping, prior to registering.  Other than that, I think you did a fine job.
    I also feel that there are several people who like to look at catalogs in the evening, or maybe in the bathroom, and then like to call or go online to place orders.  So, if you offer catalogs, that`s great!!  Look at Carol Wright, JC Penney, Sears, Deluth Trading, Lehman`s and the like.  I get their catalogs 2-4 times a year, and they all have a website for me to place orders, as well as a phone number if I prefer the personal touch.
    Good luck and have a great time selling your wares.
    Take care!!