WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

naming for a online car store.

lawrencestewartlawrencestewart subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2008 in Business Planning
I`m trying to figure out the name for an online car store.  It will sell performance and customizing aftermarket parts for cars. Focusing on popular tuning cars.  Two names of thought of are:
stewartautosports.com
conceptextreme.com
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Comments

• studiocheriestudiocherie subscriber Posts: 6
    Hi Lawrence,
    I like StewartAutoSports.com.  It says to me there is a real person who is willing to put their name on this brand. 

If it is available, the generic name of what you sell as your domain name can be very powerful and create instant credibility.  If Bags.com or EBags.com or DiaperBags.com had been available when I was looking, those would have been great for me.  So how about AutomotiveAftermarket.com? That makes me think you could do some fun marketing that plays off of AA.  Like "Hi. My name is Todd, and I`ve been customizing cars for 20 years.  We used to call it a chop shop, but since AA came along, we can actually buy the parts we use."  It may not sound as fun to have a more generic website name, but you can make it stick and enjoy the instant credibility and searchability of calling it what it is.  The hard part will be finding one that is available.  Maybe just adding the "Stewart" is all you need to solve the availability issue like you`ve already done.  Maybe there is a racing acronym that would resonate with your customers and you could start with those letters rather than AA.
  • lawrencestewartlawrencestewart subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice, Stewartautosports.com is already registered to me.  And I do like it, so thats probably how it will stay.  There are no common acronyms I can think of.
    Lawrence Stewart