WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Just getting started

LakeluladyLakelulady subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in Marketing
I want to start a gourmet coffee shop in my town.  I have a location picked out with very good foot traffic and tourism in the summer.  I live in upstate NY.  I`ve heard there are "all sorts" of grants for small business and women in business but I`ve yet to find anything after searching for several weeks.  Does anyone have any ideas for funding.  This would be a small 1-2 person operation and probably wouldn`t make any money for anyone other than myself.  My hope is to provide a  place for people in the village to gather as I feel that no matter how hard times get, people will go out for a cup of coffee and a piece of pie.  Once I know I can get the money there will be no stopping me putting the rest of the pieces together to get this off the ground.

Comments

• Options
    besthealthbesthealth subscriber Posts: 4
    Congratulations on your business idea - sounds like you have a very nice idea. We always here about these grants waiting and available. Grants are often hard to find and when you do find them - they require quite a bit of time. If there is an alert option, I would suggest that you sign up to be notified when your grants are available. I wish you great success - don`t be discouraged be determined. Check out SBA, speak with a SCORE counselor.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for validating SCORE for me - it`s on my list of things to do this week.  K
  • Options
    Your helpful advice is going to make all the difference in the world for me - thank you.  K