WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Online Price Club can it work?????

espeedespeed subscriber Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2006 in Elevator Pitches

Give

espeed2006-12-7 22:33:57

Comments

• theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    eSpeed--Sounds like a plan!I would make sure your marketing copy includes obvious, real-easy examples of how the buyers club can save money. For instance: You buy one muffler and a set of wheels and you paid your membership for a year! Something like that. I know a lot of auto buffs that are CONSTANTLY buying stuff for their cars. So, it would be a no-brainer for that bunch.Also. Although, I think it`s workable, I`m not sure whether Parts4Cost.com is the best website name. Anytime, I see "4," instead of "for," or "2" instead of "to," I think that either the person`s preferred url was taken... or Prince is running the site.That might be my own weird prejudice, though.Just my thoughts.Best of luck startin` it up!
    The Swaynester
  • espeedespeed subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Swaynester,
        input!espeed2006-12-7 22:35:51
  • asykesasykes subscriber Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great idea.If you don`t have a technology provider yet, I`d love to get involved...
    Sounds like a great idea.If you don`t have a technology provider yet, I`d love to get involved...

message sent
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    You could also offer a discount for those who pay their membership fee up front. Say 99.00. Having cash up front can provide you some additional capital on the front end . Good Luck with your project. 
    You could also offer a discount for those who pay their membership fee up front. Say 99.00. Having cash up front can provide you some additional capital on the front end . Good Luck with your project. 

espeed2006-12-7 22:36:18
  • DefMallDefMall subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Tom -
    My `day` job is providing websites with unqiue office products, and your post led me to a quesitons:
    With so many websites trying to venture into various markets art once (for isntance, sites like Instawares and ReStockIt specialize in restraunt Supply, but also sell furntiure and office products)...what would convince a customer to pay a `fee` to shop at your site? If we are talking about end users, wouldn`t auto parts be a `once in a while` item of purchase...even for car enthusiasts?
    This is not meant as criticism...maybe I am not fully understanding your idea. I am just thinking that todays e-commerce society gives so many options, that charging a membership fee might be  more of a turn off than an incentive to shop for great bargains.
    What do you think?

Tom -
    My `day` job is providing websites with unqiue office products, and your post led me to a quesitons:
    With so many websites trying to venture into various markets art once (for isntance, sites like Instawares and ReStockIt specialize in restraunt Supply, but also sell furntiure and office products)...what would convince a customer to pay a `fee` to shop at your site? If we are talking about end users, wouldn`t auto parts be a `once in a while` item of purchase...even for car enthusiasts?
    This is not meant as criticism...maybe I am not fully understanding your idea. I am just thinking that todays e-commerce society gives so many options, that charging a membership fee might be  more of a turn off than an incentive to shop for great bargains.
    What do you think?

espeed2006-12-7 22:35:10
  • lainhklainhk subscriber Posts: 5
    Im a online business providing informational resource and planning to have gifts posted on line. My question is where do you get your stock from - are you buying it at wholesale price is that why people want to sign up for you. Do you receive the payment and purchase the item yourself? Trying to find ideas for my own...
  • DefMallDefMall subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    lainhk --
    If you`d like the `gifts` you offer to be quality solutiosn for making your desk more organized, hit me with a PM and let`s talk. We usually drop ship with NO minimums and no drop ship fees.

Im a online business providing informational resource and planning to have gifts posted on line. My question is where do you get your stock from - are you buying it at wholesale price is that why people want to sign up for you. Do you receive the payment and purchase the item yourself? Trying to find ideas for my own...

Hi,
       To answer your question.. yes I buy from Whsle suppliers.. that drop ship for me.. so I pay on terms from some and others just charge my card at the end of the day.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Tom