WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

A New Online Business - I need your help

GunaGuna subscriber Posts: 2
Hi, I am glad to be at Startup Nation. I am about to launch a site that will change the way people search for information. I took few different technologies and combined it together to make a new search engine and a directory listing. It is an open source model where the people (any people) can add urls, delete urls, add information, modify information or delete information on any given keyword term. I believe in transparent systems. This will be transparent to the people and the webmasters. No more mystery in searching. People will be able to find search results and good quality content on any given keyword that they are searching for.
I need your help to have a successful launch day. I want to launch this well so that I don`t have to worry about it for the next two weeks. I am looking for people that have a client base to whom you can share this news with. I want people to talk about this on the first day its out.
My business model to make money is to sell keywords in the form of a URL (e.g. http://www.oozm.com/paris_hilton</A> for the keyword "paris hilton") for each and every keyword. I will sell the keywords for a year to someone. So basically they will own the keyword URL for a year and can place their own ads or sell it to someone. They can even place their Google Adsense ads there to make money.  I am doing this so that I can raise money for the business to take off.
I will share up to 50% of the profit with my affiliate partners. So you really can make money by referring people to the site. Good keywords will be gone within minutes.
Here is how you can help me:
1) I need to get the word out about this site on the launch day and thereafter
2) I need advice from others who had success in launching new websites. Please let me know where I can go to get more people to help me launch this successfully.
3) Any other advice about the project itself. What do you think of the idea? Would this work?
You can get a bit more information on http://www.oozm.com</A>. Please contact me for details of the project.
Thank you,
Guna
http://www.oozm.com</A>

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    What you are creating, is it like a LINK FARM? I hope this is not your approach, I hate link farms.
  • GunaGuna subscriber Posts: 2
    No it is not link farm.
    Basically, if you go to Google.com and search for a keyword xyz, you get a bunch of search results pages with high ranking (Google`s bot believe they should be ranked that way) URLs for you to visit to find information about xyz. Some are relevant and many are spams and advertisers who fools the bots to make it to the top. So we really don`t end up with right URLs to find information on the topic xyz. 
    At oozm.com, when you search for xyz, you will be sent to http://www.oozm.com/xyz</A> where you will see on the top a list of URLs added by members of oozm (Urls are listed based on number of tags, book marks, referrals by people). And then after those search results, oozm will provide you with information on the topic xyz. This information is added by people and edited by any people.
    Therefore a social search engine with contents for each and every keyword and it is driven by the people, not by a mystery bot!
    If you have been to digg.com, a social tech news book marking site. You could see how news makes it to the front page. We will use similar methods for valid URLs to make it to the front page of http://www.oozm.com/xyz</A> for that xyz keyword.
    A lot different than today`s traditional search engine. And I really hope to get the buzz going on the day I release it. I am hoping it will happen in the next few days but I am not feeling comfortable yet. I need an army of people to help me on that day. I hope you can help as well.
    Hope it makes sense now. Please let me know if you have any further questions as well.
    Thanks,
    Guna.
    http://www.oozm.com</A>
  • JoeClarkJoeClark subscriber Posts: 0
    This sounds very interesting. I wish you all the success with this project. However, what I am wondering is if I can reserve some keywords prior to your launch. This will give small players like myself to take advantage of something like this with good keywords. I am asking because I can`t afford to pay to get to top position on many search engines. Let me know how I can do this.
    Sincerely,
    Joe
    Yes you can reserve keywords that are important to you. If you really want to get an important keyword, then I recommend you reserve them. However, since I don`t have the site up and running (it will in a week time), I need to do this manually. Let me know which keywords you are looking for either through email or here and I can provide instructions as to how to proceed with this.
    StartupNation rocks, I just got few people that are pre buying keywords on my site. They are smart because top paying keywords won`t last long on the launch day.
    Thanks,
    Guna
    The site is launched. I`ve sold over 50 keywords URL within the first
    30 minutes. Please signup as an affiliate to make serious money. This
    idea is unique and is getting a lot of attention.  And also buy
    some keywords while they last.

News Release : http://www.oozm.com/search/index.php/OOZM:Oozm_Launch

site: http://www.oozm.com

Thank you for all your support through this forum. I received so many of you with many questions about my product.
    Thank you for all of your support so far. Once I get some time I will update all of your of the experience that I had with a launch of a site. I should be in a position to give you the pros and cons of my actions.
    Anyhow, I want to update this forum of the success I had so far with this site. Sold many keywords in the last 96 hours since the launch. Almost all of the URL directory listing categories are gone. I`ve realized after launching the site that the category URL pages are probably a good idea to hold on to but it was too late. People rushed to purchase the directory listing category pages first. Smart! I didn`t think about it first. Well now the good keywords from the front page are gone and they are going to keep it for a year. Good work guys.
    Also I`ve added 2 key features in the last two days.
    1) URLs will be listed automatically for any keyword URL page that you create. So if you go to a browser and type in http://www.oozm.com/Walter</A> then that page will automatically be added with community URLs. It is done to make it easy for the community to then pick and choose what should stay on that page and what shouldn`t.
    2) Each pages allows you to minimize or hide the URL listings to allow you to focus on information. This gives you an opportunity for you to browse through the site without looking at the URLs. That is if you are searching for information on each keyword. I updated the site about 6 hours ago and I got over 25 emails from people with good feedback on that. Thank you.
    I will keep you all in the loop.
    Thank you again for all of your support to get the word out about a new search engine in town where people are on the driver`s seat.
    -Guna

• ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Interesting service Guna - I`m aware of a number of human-edited directories and search engines, including some that utilize user ratings or voting to classify results, but it`ll be interesting for us to hear how things are going for you.So how about a listing for this great StartupNation resource in your business section -
    Thank you, thank you, thank you StartupNation!
    OOZM ("Awesome") is flying high. With all your support in purchasing keywords from my site and also from the great feedback that I`ve received from many of you, I was able to redesign the site to make it more user friendly. The site now looks totally different from the first layout that many of you may have seen. Please take a look at it and let me know what you think.
    A lot of people have been talking about it lately. People love the idea of having a search engine that is powered by the people. The traffic is increasing on a daily basis. The alexa rank has gone down to 260K. For a site that is only 6 weeks old, this is a great success.
    Keywords are selling fast but I need your help even more now. Since I`ve changed the look and feel of the site, we are not having much hard time selling keywords. However, I want to sell more to reach my target of 10,000 keywords to take this site to the next level.
    Please let me know if you have any idea of potential strategic partnership to help you grow your business and my business at the same time. I am looking for link exchanges, banner ads, advertising options, marketing partners, affiliate partners and anything else that you can think of to help you and I.
    Thank you.
    -Guna

Chuck, yes for sure. I will link SN from my partners page when I get some offers from the post above. SN will be taken care of for the help I got from this site.
    -Guna