WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hello Everyone

kendall13kendall13 subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2007 in New Member Welcome
Fairly new to the site; I`ve been listening to StartUp Nation Radio for the past few weeks.  This is a really great site! I`m currently a digital business undergrad at the University of Cincinnati and I sort of run a business-like organization.  It`s actually a professional gaming team that I co-founded in 2005 by the name of Team vBi. 

So I`m looking forward to contributing as much as possible while learning a great deal more. 

Comments

• kendall13kendall13 subscriber Posts: 2
    Well I manage about 23 players.  We have a Canadian division, European division, and a small group in Australia.   Our team mainly focuses on First-Person Shooters, but we play anything that makes it to a professional competition circuit. 
    Currently we are playing Counter-Strike 1.6, Gears of War, Halo 3, and Call of Duty 4 (Xbox 360 and PC).  We were on CBS this summer for Fight Night Round 3 which is an example of a game that just randomly made it to a competition circuit (MLG, CGS, etc.)

Uhh, greatmanagement it`s a business like organization because of the way professional gaming is developing here in the US (finally).  I actually wrote a business model/plan and have been developing it over the course of the team`s existence.  In a sense we are just like any other sports franchise, just on a smaller scale but in a huge market i.e. video game industry.  Our ultimate goal is to attract corporate sponsors and receive product endorsements, or garner enough recognition for our team to be invited to join the CGS.   So I guess that`s a brief synopsis of Pro gaming and our team.