WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to contact sales Rep or Distributors for electronics items?

JosephthomasJosephthomas subscriber Posts: 3
edited April 2009 in Sales
Hi
                  Our company developed a product (The demo version is over: in 3 months we will be launching the product) called DIGITAL SIGNAGE SYSTEM for one of our clients in

Comments

• paul2145rpaul2145r subscriber Posts: 5
    Are you looking for professional distribution people (agencies), or something akin to an affiliate network? I know of a few people that may be able to help you get into a number of markets, depending on how you are planning on marketing your technology. Contact me with some more information (press release, product information sheet, etc), and I`ll see what I can do.
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Josephthomas,Are you sure you are targeting the right market for your product?  People in electronics understand electronics. (I sold electronics for 16 years.) If I understand your business enough you are using electronics to provide marketing. I would suggest you find a few partners who sell advertising and other forms of media and work with those firms. They may be able to provide you with some feedback. John
  • kevinzhangkevinzhang subscriber Posts: 6
    Do you want to sales at China?
  • julie63julie63 subscriber Posts: 0
    Check out putting up a display at high traffic trade fairs. Also job fairs are a great way to find sales reps. I am in sales and it seems that is one profession that you only get ahead if you move around.
    I would think someone that currently sells outdoor or indoor advertising would be a good parallel for you.
    There are also some great online job sites that you could try.
  • scottsmeesterscottsmeester subscriber Posts: 0
    If you choose to hire sales reps, whatever you do, do not use the traditional technique used.  You know... post a job on one of the big career sites, collect and sort through hundreds of resumes, set up interviews and hire the person who `seems` the best.   I recommend using a recruiter that has an excellent success history, or use a sales candidate assessments test.  I have one that I`ve used that works awesome if you want some information.
    Good luck!