WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is there a market for one page website design?

ProdigyProdigy subscriber Posts: 19
edited June 2008 in Marketing
Is there a market for one page websites for small businesses that are in the startup phase of developing their own websites? A small business can create a simple site that includes basic info like contact info, store hours, logos, etc., for a lot less than a full out website that could cost thousands of dollars and months to create. Wouldnt it be smart to start a small basic site in order to get established in search engines like google and yahoo?

Comments

• Wise1GuideWise1Guide subscriber Posts: 1
    I tried offering this type of website a few years ago.  I promoted it purely face to face with small business owners I met at local chamber of commerce events and networking activities.  Although I found a lot of people that expressed an interest, I found only one willing to sign up.  And about two months later that business owner had a relative set up a more extensive website (about 5 pages) using one of the `free` template websites out there.  This seemed to be the trend - those business owners that are looking for something quick, cheap and simple can get their nephews and nieces to do it for them.

I am interested in what other business owners think, though - perhaps I just didn`t promote it the right way...

Good Luck!
  • ProdigyProdigy subscriber Posts: 19
    I`m not really talking about websites more like a starter webpage. You know how you see those "site under construction" pages. Basically a custom branded under construction page that features some basic business info. I`m pretty sure thousands of new business sites would be thrilled to have a custom branded starter website page.