WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello from Maryland

vxp97vxp97 subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2009 in New Member Welcome
Hi everyone. My name is Kirk and have joined Startup Nation after reviewing the wealth of knowledge and advice that is available here. I am new to the entrepreneurial world, but have just completed a prototype for an invention I have. It is in the field of exercise, which I realize is a saturated market, however, my invention is an innovative piece of equipment that I`m confident will revolutionalize this area of exercise. I`m extremely excited about it, and have been testing it out for the last week in my home gym, and it has performed beyond my expectations.
I`m in the process of doing a patent search and acquiring the patent, and am looking forward to valuable advice I can obtain through this forum as I develop my business, and also look forward to providing advice back from the lessons and knowledge I learn along the way !

Comments

• Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Indeed, what is your marketing strategy?
    Jmes
  • Options
    Hi Craig...thanks for the welcome. My invention will be primarily marketed to gyms and fitness centers, and could also be sold to home gym based companies, such as Bow-Flew, to be incorporated into their product. My budget, unfortunately, will be limited, so I wanted to get maximum exposure for minimal $. One way, I thought, would be to submit an article, or contact fitness magazines such as Muscle & Fitness or Men`s Health, and have them do an article or interview to showcase the product and it`s innovation. Further information could be obtained through visiting my website, which will be supplied in the article, and which I am working on getting completed. I also plan on creating a color brochure which I will mail to gyms across the country to introduce them to my product, which will include testimonials from gyms I initially "test" my product in. As I said before, I am new to this, but firmly believe in my product, and welcome any advice I can obtain from those such as you on this forum.

Thanks,
    Kirk
  • Options
    Hi Jmes....my initial strategy is listed per my reply to Craig in the previous post. Due to my limited budget at this time, I`m trying to come up with creative ways to gain exposure with minimal cost. I`m in the infant stages of my endeavor right now, being that I just completed the prototype last week, but am extremely confident in it`s potential to be huge, and just need to fine tune my marketing strategy. I would gladly welcome any advice you may have.

Thanks,
    Kirk