WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Mailing List Purchase

KRZWKRZW subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2008 in Marketing
We are going to try out some traditional direct mail. We know our demographics well and I am wondering what the best sources are for purchasing mailing lists. I have used InfoUSA for B2B but we are selling jewlery directly to consumers. We are also considering direct mail to reach a list of retailers or distributors for our jewelry. Our call to action will be to make a purchase from our website (www.wavesofgratitude.com) for the consumers and we`ll be asking distributors to call us for wholesale pricing.  Any suggestions on where to buy these lists? Thanks.

Comments

• NateStockardNateStockard subscriber Posts: 0
    KRZW,
    You are talking about two different lists.
    I have used salesgenie.com, which is owned by infousa and contains the same info, but they are quite a bit cheaper. I have found they have the most records for the two lists you are looking for.
  • chojaibanchojaiban subscriber Posts: 0
    I agree with NateStockard. I have used InfoUSA for my business and it worked out really well considering our target was very specific.
  • KRZWKRZW subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the insight and suggestions. Yes, we have considered wholesalers and distributors and are talking to a few.  The articles get us noticed and spikes in traffic, but we need more to convert to sales -- still tweaking the site.  We had already started to feel the cost of direct mail is not going to give us enough bang for the buck and putting more into the PR efforts that get us exposure (and for practicallly no cost except time.)

Thanks again for the feedback.