WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Plenty of Vists no sales?

IronkittenIronkitten subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2008 in Sales
I get 30 Vists a day but no sales.
my website is lilhopechest.com
If you have any comments please respond.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    colorcolor subscriber Posts: 3
       Your products are very similar to so many other candle websites -- I think you need something unique or eye-catching on your home page perhaps?  I see you have a Christmas category -- you should make that stand out a bit more as people will be Christmas shopping pretty soon and hopefully you will see some seasonal sales there.

good luck!
    Linda

www.crazy4color.com
  • Options
    spsleadsspsleads subscriber Posts: 0
    Do you have any website analytics installed (and I don`t mean the general stats that come with hosting)? If not, I strongly suggest you get some. The problem could be with your actual sales process. However, you`d need to know some specifics about your visitors and their activity before you could know. Looking at your analytics can help you determine at what point those visitors are leaving your site so that you can work on those weak spots. You won`t know anything though until you have some solid data to analyze.
    Also, 30 hits a day isn`t necessarily the best count in terms of traffic, unless those 30 visitors are unique and coming from a direct search for what you`re offering. As far as I can see, your site has no meta tags whatsoever. Your site doesn`t even have a title tag, and this is what search engines look for to be able to index your site. You may want to look into adding a title tag, description tag and keyword tag for each of your important pages so that you can at least be indexed. Other than that, it depends on what you`re doing to market.
    Main things: get some meta tags going and get some website analytics installed. It`ll be hard to determine what the problem is without those.