WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to Get Published?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    re: best seller`s lists...when we published our book through Doubleday in 2005, they told us we had to sell 2,500 books/week to make the best seller`s list. but each list uses slightly different indicators and stats to determine their "best" list.
  • Options
    ViaJerriViaJerri subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Kristen.  Congrats on your book!  Very exciting.  I have a question...How did you do your artwork?  Did you make it or have someone do it for you?  Congratulations on your success.Jerri
  • Options
    PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi Kristin,
    Congrats on your book! Now you can refer your book link to the media and other potential sponsors.
    As previous experts have mentioned, your marketing campaign has just begun. To keep things growing, try to contact at least three new reviewers/sponsors/partners a day. You never know who will love your book and start marketing it to others via word of mouth!
    Melanie
  • Options
    JobYouDeserveJobYouDeserve subscriber Posts: 11
    Hi Jerri,
    Thank you for your kind comments!  Cover design was part of the iUniverse package, so I must give the credit to them!  I had some input, but they did most of the work.
    Cheers,
    Kristen
  • Options
    JobYouDeserveJobYouDeserve subscriber Posts: 11
    Hi Melanie!
    You`re exactly right...three a week is a great goal.  Being busy is no excuse, so you`ve motivated me to spend more time on book promotion. 
    Thank you!