WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Interesting situation

JobYouDeserveJobYouDeserve subscriber Posts: 11
Hi, guys!
I am a solo entrepreneur, and my small size has been a problem when approaching much larger companies with partnership/cross-promoting ideas.
The problem is that I cannot partner with smaller, local companies because the offer(s) we provide would be of no use to my out of state clients.  Therefore, I must partner with businesses that also do business nationally.
Even though I have tried to promote other aspects of the partnership and acknowledged the fact that one person cannot directly impact the sales of a multimillion dollar company, it seems that all they can focus on is the size of my business!  I`ve heard "Great idea, but if you were a larger company, this would be more mutually beneficial."
I`m just looking for input from others who may have experienced a similar situation.  I may just have to keep trying and/or realize that being a solo entrepreneur can be a huge obstacle. 

Comments

• JobYouDeserveJobYouDeserve subscriber Posts: 11
    Hi Shonika!
    Sorry it took me so long to respond!  You mentioned a lot of great ideas.
    Specifically, I like the online course idea.  I`ve been trying to think of ways to "productize" my services.  A course or book that`s easy to buy from my Web site would be great.  I`m actually working on the book idea right now.
    I`ve also heard about the concept of forming some kind of an alliance with a competitor.  I agree that it could be a wonderful, mutually beneficial idea.
    Thanks a lot for your post!  It`s good to know that I`m not the only one going through this stuff.  Good luck with everything, and I love your Web site!