WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Your Startup Salary

grrldudagrrlduda subscriber Posts: 4
edited January 2007 in Business Planning
For solo-entrepreneurs (LLC, Inc., etc), you`ve started you`re business and a lot of the income/revenue is going back to your business. I`m wondering what and how to pay yourself based on your living expenses and what your growing company can afford... I`m thinking a plan with a set salary until the usiness breaks even -- then, earn a share of the profits each fiscal quarter as an owner`s bonus. Once you start a salary to pay yourself, how does it effect your taxes (personal and business)?

Comments

• Options
    keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Sage advice ... if you are not paying yourself (or able to pay yourself) from the get-go, do something else. Pay yourself before you pay anything. You should not go into business to go broke ... what`s the point? Not paying yourself will lead to many other issues and much frustration ... I have seen it ruin people and startups way too many times.
    R@