WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

(Untitled)

MarcelMarcel subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2007 in Selecting a Business
I`m new here, and I want to start my own business. Just for fun I took a online career aptitude test, and it said I should be in the field of "Business Relations". Shows how much these things are worth. I detest that idea; I want to be my own boss. It`s about as far away from a cube job as I can get. Anyways...I`ve been up late for countless days now trying to think of a idea. Right now I have a invention that I`m not sure will work (What do you do once you got the idea down pat?), and making posters (Do I need permission to use quotes?). I know I had more to add but this is all I can think of ATM.Thanks so much in advance!MarcelAha! Any tips for a beginning Entrepreneur? Marcel2007-1-13 21:2:47

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Marcel,
    Welcome and congratulations on making the determination you are a budding entreprenuer. You have a lot of work ahead of you. You asked for tips. You are at a very good resource.
    First, read the 10 Steps:
    http://www.startupnation.com/pages/start/10Steps.asp</A>
    Then, read all the articles on this site ... seriously ... all of them - it will be an education. Participate in the Forum. Ask questions as you gain knowledge. People here are very helpful.
    If you have not, read these two books:
    Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Keep these books with you throughout your entrepreneural career - this is my advice.
    Until next time - R@keycon2007-1-13 21:39:14
  • MarcelMarcel subscriber Posts: 1
    Marcel,
    Welcome and congratulations on making the determination you are a budding entreprenuer. You have a lot of work ahead of you. You asked for tips. You are at a very good resource.
    First, read the 10 Steps:
    http://www.startupnation.com/pages/start/10Steps.asp
    Then, read all the articles on this site ... seriously ... all of them - it will be an education. Participate in the Forum. Ask questions as you gain knowledge. People here are very helpful.
    If you have not, read these two books:
    Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Keep these books with you throughout your entrepreneural career - this is my advice.
    Until next time - R@I will, thanks!
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    I am waiting for the lawyer to chime in on the question of getting permission to use quotes. I would think the answer is no. But I am really waiting for the law`s point of view.Good question.
  • MarcelMarcel subscriber Posts: 1
    I am waiting for the lawyer to chime in on the question of getting permission to use quotes. I would think the answer is no. But I am really waiting for the law`s point of view.Good question.
    Could you chime back the lawyers chime when you get it? Thanks a million in advance! But how do you get permission to use quotes of people that have long since passed away?ThanksMarcel