WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SUN Coaching Program

JembaJemba subscriber Posts: 2
Is there any preliminary information on type of coaching and pricing for this new program? I`m very close to contracting with a business coach, but the price is daunting. I`d like to learn about all possible options as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• JohnSivJohnSiv subscriber Posts: 1
    Jemba,

We are working to get the full registration and information live in the next week, but here`s a little inside info.

The program will provide 1 to few business coaching from experienced coaches (we`ve partnered with 2 of the best). The class size will be maximum of 20, and will run for 12 weeks with one class per week. Coaching will be interactive both online and via phone. There will also be class specific forums that augment the class time. The structure will follow StartupNation`s 10 Steps to Open For Business as the basis for the class topics.

We`ve priced the coaching after reviewing other programs that provide similar hand`s on coaching, and that price will be $995, though we`ll also offer ability to pay monthly in lieu of one time. I hope you`ve added your email to the info list so we can let you know when more information becomes available. But also let me know if there are other questions I can answer.

John   
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    JohnSiv doesn`t come around much
    Tell us more about JohnSiv. your profile doesn`t say much. Who are the lovely ladies in the photo?
    R@
    I`m a behind the scenes kind of guy, leaving to Rich, Joel and others the spotlight. But we knew it was important to get some additional resources out there for some in the StartupNation Community and I took on the job of getting a personalized coaching program started. We all believe it will be worth it. I hope some of you will try it out .

As for the ladies, all I`ll say is it`s been a great 12 years with the one wearing the StartupNation hat, and we enjoy occasional vacations in Hilton Head with her sister.

John
  • JembaJemba subscriber Posts: 2
    John,
    Thanks for your response & especially the pricing info. Yes, my e-mail is on your list.
    By "1 to few" do you mean that there may several coaches leading the program or that there may be several coaches, each of whom leads a class? Will class members be grouped according to type of objective? If some people have general objectives and others are more specific, for example, I wonder if that would be a good fit?
    I`ve spoken to 2 coaches in Columbus, Ohio. One charges $2,000 a month for two 90-minute sessions per month; the other charges $950 a month for the same. Both are highly experienced & competent, but these are steep prices for an individual to pay. Do they reflect the price structure of the profession in general?
    Thanks.
    Jemba

John,
    PS I neglected to mention that these are private one-to-one sessions which of course would command a higher price.
    Jemba,

1 to few was meant to indicate there is 1 coach for the course, but since there are only 20 attendees that coach can give personalized attention. They will also be avaialable for some 1 on 1 within the 12 week period. As we pilot this program, we have chosen to leave it pretty open as far as specific target audiences based on location or demographics. As far as objectives, it will be focused on those that are looking to start up their business ideas. Coaches will be experienced enough to handle varying objectives within that context, but it would not be a good fit if someone is looking for a "life coach" for example.

On the pricing, we`ve looked at other pricing structures in this industry, and I say industry somewhat loosely. There are thousands of coaches out there and many are exceptionally talented, while others are less so. There`s no formal requirement, such as passing the bar for lawyers that monitors the industry. For that reason, we`ve purposely partnered with successful and professional coaches as it is so important that the experience to the audience meets our standards. That`s why we`ll also be offering a money back guarantee. And that`s also the reason that it can seem expensive to get quality coaching. Of course, we believe it`s a tremendous value and the return more than makes up for the costs.

Hope this helps.

John
    John,
    Thanks for your further explanation & answers to my questions. I`m learning that this is indeed a far-ranging profession/industry; therefore credibility becomes ever-more important as a decision-making factor. The credibility of SUN is, so far, pretty darn good in my experience. I look forward to seeing the full posting. Thank you.
    Jennifer