WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SEO White Paper

keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
This might interest those working on SEO and such. Came through my MarketingProfs subscription today. A free white paper entitled:
7 Advanced Steps to More Effective Search Engine Marketing
Click the link above and you should be sent to a page to fill out some basic info before they allow you to download the paper.
Enjoy!
R@

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Craig - MarketingProfs is an excellent website and newsletter and resource. You will be on their list and receive announcements such as this one. It is not a bother to me, but could be to others. I utilize "push" knowledge gathering as much as possible - saves much time - IMHO.
    R@
  • ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Thanks for passing this along keycon - interesting report, I don`t agree with all of their contentions, but it`s a worthwhile read for anyone utilizing (or thinking of utilizing) search advertising.
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
  • starpointestarpointe subscriber Posts: 2
    Omniture is right on the money.  They do more website analytics than anyone else including Google.  Take a look at their portfolio.  They take care of Novell, Micrsoft, Oracle, AT&T, PayPal, WalMart, NFL, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Timberland, GAP, Nike, HP, JetBlue, Sears, CNet, NewYorkTimes, and many more!  They are the number one name in the industry.  Pretty much, if it says it in their whitepaper, it`s so.
    Pretty much, if it says it in their whitepaper, it`s so.
    Not to stir the pot, but having worked in companies big and small, I don`t think any of them are infallible - and whitepapers are essentially marketing materials, so I wouldn`t ever throw out critical thinking when reading through one of these writeups.
  • starpointestarpointe subscriber Posts: 2
    I wouldn`t claim that they`re all knowing or that they are immune from sales-speak but they have invested more $$$ into SEO research than any of us could hope to.  Take their advice, filter out the sales-talk, adapt it for your situation, and you`ll likely see significant improvements.  
    That works, I was just pointing at this one statement:Pretty much, if it says it in their whitepaper, it`s so.
    Grain of salt is pretty useful in any of these scenarios, and no one holds all the answers.
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    Endeavor advertisers, especially in the B2B space, regularly discover content improvement for SEO a troublesome recommendation. The organization's idea pioneers, albeit upbeat to pontificate, are frequently apprehensive of focusing on a composition plan. What's more, the advertiser, honestly, is attempting to get others to "crush in" substance, basically "off the books." With no reward, why would it be advisable for anyone to help with the troublesome, unpleasant work of composing articles? The trap is for the advertiser to exploit three key strategies:
    1.Speaking to the conscience

2.Re-purposing

3.Translation
    Any endeavor that can outfit these three components can pump out high volumes of value substance.
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    The definition of a whitepaper varies heavily from industry to industry, which can be a little confusing for marketers looking to create one for their business. The old school definition comes from politics, where it means a legislative document explaining and supporting a particular political solution. In tech, a whitepaper usually describes a theory behind a new piece of technology. Even in the business world, there are a variety of definitions -- some more product-centric than others.